xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Games I Am Currently Digging  (Read 693 times)

wilgo45

• Archived User
Games I Am Currently Digging
« on: October 19, 2012, 01:51:00 AM »

These are some games that I am really enjoying lately

Playing the most of:   ... Rage, ... Batman Arkham City,  and Splinter Cell Conviction

Also really liking:  Max Payne 3, Resident Evil 6, Dead Island and Spec Ops the Line

You got questions about any of these games  .... just ask

And then add to the topic  ... games you are playing the hell out of

chariedove

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 09:05:00 PM »

i find this amazing.

wilgo45

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 12:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(chariedove @ Nov 21 2012, 10:05 PM) View Post

i find this amazing.

what do you find amazing ?    ... that's kind of vague

boflc

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 07:29:00 PM »

borderlands 2, played it way too much.  may revisit it with this week's DLC. highly enjoyable.

dishonored, finished it right before heading on thanksgiving vacation.  the morality system is a bit unforgiving; wasn't until after the 2nd mission that it let me know that the outcome was going to be different.  i even righted the ship over the remainder of the game killing very few times.  not going to revisit it .. but i'd still recommend it.  enjoyable.

mark of the ninja, nice diversion.  highly enjoyable.

that's about it.  planning on playing lego lotr with my kids sometime before the end of the year.

wilgo45

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(boflc @ Nov 22 2012, 08:29 PM) *

borderlands 2, played it way too much.  may revisit it with this week's DLC. highly enjoyable.

dishonored, finished it right before heading on thanksgiving vacation.  the morality system is a bit unforgiving; wasn't until after the 2nd mission that it let me know that the outcome was going to be different.  i even righted the ship over the remainder of the game killing very few times.  not going to revisit it .. but i'd still recommend it.  enjoyable.

mark of the ninja, nice diversion.  highly enjoyable.

that's about it.  planning on playing lego lotr with my kids sometime before the end of the year.

hey dude ... thanks for stopping and chatting

Mark of the Ninja   .... don't know that one

I hear people are liking Lego LOTR

Borderlands 2  ... I both like it and dislike it.  The cartoon style of graphics are kind of cool.  I like the humor in the game.  I like the music in the game.  The weapons seem kind of lame - especially when compared to COD

I have Dishonored.  Haven't played it much.  Graphix seem low rez for such a new game.

Right now ... still playing alot of Rage.  -  also playing Dead Space 2, Black ops 2, Crysis 2 and the new Need For Speed.

wilgo45

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 05:33:00 PM »

I've beaten Rage and Dead Space 2

.... Great Games !!!

Completed 1 campaign in Resident Evil 6.  Two more to go.  Wow - stunning graphics.  An exceptional sequel

Also playing X-men: Wolverine, Dead Space (one), Hitman 2012, and I might wiggle Mass Effect 3 in

...  As for lousy games

-  Can't stand Fallout New Vegas.  Boring as shit.  Anyone want to buy it from me?

ethelmonk

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »

Nice thread. I'm not feeling RE 6. Maybe i'm spoiled by RE5 it was just an amazing game and 6 was not what i was expecting. I wanted to continue from RE5.

Just started Far Cry 3 seem to be a good game so far. When i'm done i'' post on the game play.

thanks
-ethelmonk-

wilgo45

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 05:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(ethelmonk @ Dec 23 2012, 10:45 PM) *

Nice thread. I'm not feeling RE 6. Maybe i'm spoiled by RE5 it was just an amazing game and 6 was not what i was expecting. I wanted to continue from RE5.

Just started Far Cry 3 seem to be a good game so far. When i'm done i'' post on the game play.

hey dude.

Not feeling RE6 - why not?  ... Yeah, RE5 was a great game, but what's wrong with RE6???

I'll admit there is a bit of a story gap, but that might be due to all that DVD movie releases that Capcom has done.  I haven't watch any of those.  Maybe those would fill in some huge story holes for both of us.

I feel like the equipment menus work so much better in RE6.  RE5's were a bit difficult, especially compared to RE2, 3 and 4.

What did you think of RE: Operation Raccoon City ?

Far Cry 3  ... a Very Decent game.  Really well done development.  Sections of it are sort of slow.  Lots of wandering.  I do like tight mission to mission progress.  Only put a few hours into - so not a full opinion yet.

boflc

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 05:39:00 AM »

I plan on finishing Far Cry 3 here over the next week or so..  I'm enjoying it.  Writing/Acting on the cut-scenes is really good IMHO; I've also not played a game that had a story that grabbed me as quickly/tightly as FC3.  

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"  Only problem I had with that monologue is that I died no less than 3 times immediately after it and had to listen to the whole thing again.

ethelmonk

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 06:44:00 AM »

@wilgo45 I 'm spoiled by RE5 the game play and the story was just great.  RE6 is just not for me. 3 or 4 different stories that tie in together. Come on and make one stories and to be honest, the story has gone crazy and not making sense anymore.  

Operation Raccoon City was not a classic RE game so i'm glad i passed on it. I have RE6 and sooner or later i'll get to it.

Far Cry 3 i hope to play  it while i'm off from work.

wilgo45

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 06:01:00 PM »

Well ... we all have what we like and don't, right ?  We just have to be true to our inner Gamer.

I do like RE5 and RE6, both.  Both wonderful games.

I think RE6 is real cool.  I like the team change up.  It gives you different map regions and different monsters.

As for RE: ORC - yeah that was just a mild distraction.

Far Cry 3 - I have changed my opinion there.  I just had to play some more.  Great game.  Totally sucked in now.  It just took me a little while to achieve some good things in the game.

There is so much to do in the game.

MangoOne999

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 12:40:00 PM »

Maybe this is just me, but I have no idea how people can enjoy Resident Evil games, lol. I played the last 3 and just couldn't get into them even though I loved the older ones (even with the horrible voice acting)

boflc

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 10:40:00 PM »

The Walking Dead

haven't had enough free time to spend on it (thru only episode 2), but it is a good game.  controls take some getting used to -- but it's not about the actual gameplay -- it's the story and the path-dependency on your decisions.

beastJane02

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 12:50:00 AM »

I didn't play any of the games you mentioned. Except of Spec ops The Line (but i played on PC). My favourite xbox games are: Skyrim, Risen and The Witcher 2 - recommend it to everyone!

wilgo45

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 01:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(beastJane02 @ Feb 8 2013, 01:50 AM) View Post

I didn't play any of the games you mentioned. Except of Spec ops The Line (but i played on PC). My favourite xbox games are: Skyrim, Risen and The Witcher 2 - recommend it to everyone!

Big Fantasy fan huh ?

Only fantasy game that I have gotten into recently is Lord of Rings War in the North.

You like Skyrim.  You might want check out Far Cry 3.  Basically it is its modern day equivalent.  

And if you liked Spec Ops  .... try Ghost Recon Future Soldier.  Cinematic scenes are terrible.  Like they phoned them in.  But all the game play is cool
Pages: [1] 2