xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Why Don't Stores Let You Take Video Games Back?  (Read 117 times)

abbylee26

• Archived User
Why Don't Stores Let You Take Video Games Back?
« on: February 03, 2020, 12:35:00 PM »

I take clothes back and they are much more personal.
Why can't you take video games back? I can understand if you try to take a game back a week later but if I pay $60 for a game and get home only to find it's not a good fit...I should be able to take it back.

thr4773r

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 02:30:00 PM »

I can think of a number of reasons,
1st Fraud- you could copy and return. It goes on for clothes too, but a little different. You ever see someone wear an outfit with the tag still on?
2nd Resale- how can they sell the game for full price once its already been opened? Somebody is going to take a loss on it.
3rd The internet- You have every opportunity to see how a game plays and to get other people's opinions through reviews. If you choose to buy something unwisely, then you made a decision to do just that. You're stuck.

Buying a car is the same way. Certain places will let you trade back, but you're giving up something for that right.

Your question was probably rhetorical, but hey. you asked...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

abbylee26

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 02:45:00 PM »

1st it's not the stores responsibility to police us...police catch crooks. Microsoft should do what Sony does...no one mods PS3s.
2nd you take anything back to a store unpackage...the store sends it back to the manufacture...who repackages it.
3rd not everyone has internet. Some very bad parents (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grr.gif)  do not want their children exposed to what the internet has to offer. I don't have internet at home.

Buying a car...you agree with me! You can't find a dealer for new cars who will not let you do a test drive! No one would think purchasing a car there.

Video games are the only product you purchase completely blind...

This post has been edited by abbylee26: Yesterday, 10:47 PM

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 03:36:00 PM »

I remember back in the day when I returned phantasy star 4 because I paid $89.99 and beat it in three days... back then that was a legitimate excuse for return at Babbages.