xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: New Installer/utility Disk...worth It?  (Read 152 times)

atomiX

• Archived User
New Installer/utility Disk...worth It?
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2004, 10:26:00 AM »

of course, you should know that i can't post it here. it's against X-S rules.

mckenn88

• Recovered User
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2004, 02:48:00 PM »

i got a copy of this and used it to mod a couple of boxes and i have to  say this is a really great installler. everything is right hwere you need it.  good job atomix

rab154

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2004, 07:25:00 PM »

wink.gif ) well it sounds good so all i can do is b patient and wait

GomerPyle

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2004, 09:20:00 PM »

id like to see a PBL setup that sets everything up for you!  not run from a disk installed to the harddrive!

atomiX

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2004, 10:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (GomerPyle @ Aug 16 2004, 12:23 AM)
id like to see a PBL setup that sets everything up for you!  not run from a disk installed to the harddrive!

i'm not sure i understand fully what you're saying. the disk does give you the option of installing PBL as an app in E:\Apps or F:\Apps.. what do you mean by "not run from a disk installed to the harddrive".

btw, thanks for your input.

atomiX

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2004, 08:17:00 PM »

as some of you may have noticed. hosting is temporarily down. i will post here as soon as it comes back online. thanks for your patience and cooperation.

getting a temporary host would sure help considering the many people that told me they want it. send me a PM if you're interested.

h1tman

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2004, 06:28:00 PM »

double post

h1tman

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2004, 06:29:00 PM »

dry.gif

I put my xecuter chip to bank 2 so i could flash them there hopefully with ur utility disk, but the disk will only load on bank 1 for some odd reason.

any help?

atomiX

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2004, 06:57:00 PM »

and is there a place to find out more about PBL and how to install the XDK launcher?

the disk will install the files automatically to their respective places. note that the XDK launcher files are to be installed in set locations. you can't put them where you want. if you are still looking for info on how to do it manually, check this out.

as for the bios, i use TATX_Debug_Dual which can be split to 512k so you can still use another bios if you have 1MB of flash space on your chip. i simply didn't include it in the list of flashable bioses since most n00bs don't know that a debug bios cannot load everything a normal bios does. however, i included it with PBL. just install the debug-configured version of PBL and you will be able to load the BFM version of the same bios. if i remember correctly, this bios doesn't support the focus encoder so you will need a focus-compatible debug bios. i think team gueux made one.

I put my xecuter chip to bank 2 so i could flash them there hopefully with ur utility disk, but the disk will only load on bank 1 for some odd reason.

is this when you try to flash your chip or when you actually try to boot the disk. if it's the latter, what bios do you have on each bank? i could help out better if you explained your problem with a bit more detail.

atomiX

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2004, 01:50:00 PM »

it's been a bit slow but i've now set-up a channel on IRC.

#atomix_util (EFNET)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]