xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wireless N In Europe?  (Read 121 times)

Benu

• Archived User
Wireless N In Europe?
« on: May 07, 2008, 04:42:00 AM »

Does anyone know of a decent online store where you can buy a wireless N adapter that works with the 360.. a bridge or gaming adapter etc?      (im looking for an ethernet connection, obviously not USB).

Scan-C

• Archived User
Wireless N In Europe?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 12:17:00 PM »

Any router will do but be sure to get the same brand as the device you're connecting to (eg. the other router). Wireless N is still a draft and not every hardware understands all the others.
Just a Question... Why'd you need N? G is enough for HD movie streaming and gaming and a N router accepts connections from b,g and n clients except you configured it not too.

Benu

• Archived User
Wireless N In Europe?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 10:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(Scan-C @ May 9 2008, 09:17 PM) View Post

Any router will do but be sure to get the same brand as the device you're connecting to (eg. the other router). Wireless N is still a draft and not every hardware understands all the others.
Just a Question... Why'd you need N? G is enough for HD movie streaming and gaming and a N router accepts connections from b,g and n clients except you configured it not too.

i was getting a real poor performance with my current G setup. However, I've since solved it, by changing the position of my router - so it's all good smile.gif

froggger

• Archived User
Wireless N In Europe?
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 07:00:00 PM »

Don't forget, wifi G with some kind of speedbooster will max out the xbox's NIC.
wifiG-108mbps NIC-100mbps