xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live Very Slow... Please Help!  (Read 122 times)

Kramer987

• Archived User
Xbox Live Very Slow... Please Help!
« on: November 08, 2006, 05:35:00 AM »

hey guys

i was wondering if you could help me figure out why my xbox live is slow as hell. i've taken my xbox and plugged it directly into my cable modem and it runs at the same slow pace as when i am using my router. for example, when i play nhl 07 it is always lagged to the point where when i move the players on the ice they respond like half a second after i actually give the command on the controller. moreover, when i try to download ANYTHING on the marketplace i get the slowest speed imagineable. the first time i have ever tried using live i got the gears of war trailer (50mb) version very quickly at probably my full 850kb/s ability. since then, everything moves super slowly. to get even the 480p 10mb version of the same trailer it takes approx. 10 minutes. to Get viva pinata 750mb demo... well i dont have the patience to let ti finish. after 3 hours it only gets to roughly 20 percent. what coudl be the problem?

one other issue... i am using an xbox live gold trial account. whenever i go into any game i can never join lobbies in fight night or use my headset in nhl. i always have limitations. it says so on the bottom of the screen or a pop up will come up telling me i have a limitation on my account That doesnt let me do those things. i can still play others online, but i can't do the aforementioned things. is this normal for a trial account?

i bought this 360 brand new and have had it for only a month. i signed up using a very old ms passport login, but its the one i use for MSN and works fine.

also, do you guys think its possible my LAN post in the back of the 360 is somehow broken? i did flash this drive's dvd-rom (its a hitachi 59dj) but i dont think i could have somehow messed up the ethernet port. i guess anything is possible though. what do you guys think? i mean it was very speedy the first few days, then one day just started to run like 56k.

any help would be greatly appreciated. please let me know if you have any recommendations. thanks!

Jonolche

• Archived User
Xbox Live Very Slow... Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 03:14:00 PM »

It may just be your modem, or someone uncapping their modem in your area. Check what speed you should be getting, then verify it with a internet speed site like dsl-speeds. If there is a big difference contact your cable provider. If there isn't, the problem lies with your xbox. Since you cannot call support because you opened your xbox, check to see if your modem/router has a NAT setting. Make sure it is open, and not on strict or closed, as this can limit your connection. If this dose not work, check under the xbox connection screen for the speed at witch your xbox is connecting at. Check the cable feed from the 360, it may be a damaged/kink in the wire, sometimes the stooped things are the easiest to overlook.

Also your xbox live gold account trial should not have any limitations.

This post has been edited by Jonolche: Dec 8 2006, 11:18 PM