xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Help Updating To Freeboot And 9199 Dash  (Read 32 times)

UWerOwNED

• Archived User
Need Help Updating To Freeboot And 9199 Dash
« on: September 08, 2010, 08:22:00 PM »

I have the 8955 dash currently with Xenon motherboard and Xell.  I do not have my original nand.  I've tried backing up my current nand and running that through freeboot toolbox maker as well as other freeboot makers like jtag tool and iHc.  Whenever I try this though I get an error and on freeboot toolbox maker it says my CPU key does not match however Flash360 says the CPU key is correct.  I've read a lot of guides/posts and they all say to get the original nand (which I cannot get) or use a donor nand.  Any other suggestions?

njmbb8

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »

if you want i could donate you my nand through a pm

UWerOwNED

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »

So whatever I did was wrong and Xell appears to be updated (to Xellous?) but I can't boot up normally, I get the e52 error.  How can I put my old nand back on there now?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm back to where I was now.  I think I need a really good step-by-step guide, I tried to follow a couple but then that happened so...

EDIT 2: Thanks for your nand but I'm not sure what to do with it.  I've read a bunch of guides and tried to use it but it hasn't turned out very well.  I read one guide where it wanted me to get my config_raw.bin and keyvault.bin through http with my Xbox but at my current safe state it displays its IP as 0.0.0.0 and I can't access it.  When I tried the failed updates it gave me an IP that I could access (but I didn't want to download the stuff cause it was wrong).  Actually I found the address it is 192.168.1.101 but when I access it my box says closing connection and my computer says 404.

This post has been edited by UWerOwNED: Sep 9 2010, 06:29 AM

Vash3k

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 01:16:00 PM »

Try flashing Xellous over your XBReboot image. XBR had only Xell, so flashing Xellous should make some things easier. Then you can use http to connect and grab flash files. If you're not wanting to do that, you can always use nandpro to dump your raw keyvault and config from a backup image (or over lpt if you prefer).

UWerOwNED

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 02:30:00 PM »

When I tried my failed flashing experiments yesterday I did end up with the newest version of Xellous on there but then I either had e52 error or I think e71.  I could http into Xellous but I didn't want to grab any of those files because I thought that I had probably inserted my KV wrong and I really want my KV to be right because I want to be able to connect to XBL.

Toddler

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 06:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(UWerOwNED @ Sep 9 2010, 03:30 PM) View Post

I really want my KV to be right because I want to be able to connect to XBL

For what, a couple of hours?

UWerOwNED

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 07:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(Toddler @ Sep 10 2010, 01:17 AM) View Post

For what, a couple of hours?
It doesn't matter.

UWerOwNED

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 12:09:00 AM »

Ok so I've updated to Xellous so I can now HTTP with my box.  I tried this guide http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=712076 but I ended up with e72 error.  What now?

UWerOwNED

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 01:20:00 AM »

I did it both ways listed in that link and using the older/longer method I got e71 error.  It starts to boot up just fine and then before the boot screen finishes it flashes to e71 error.

This post has been edited by UWerOwNED: Sep 10 2010, 09:13 AM

Vash3k

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 04:13:00 AM »

Now, you're getting into Xellous which means that to some extent, the JTAG hack IS working. Your wiring, we can assume, is good because of this also. Umm... hrm. Have you been doing multiple dumps each time? I mean extracting your kv and configs multiple times to compare, as well as reflashing your original image(the XBR one) and dumping it again from the nand to compare?

UWerOwNED

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 06:10:00 AM »

No I haven't since none of the guides have said to do so.  What is a program that I can use to compare?

Also, this maybe something interesting to note but after I have created my updflash.bin (that doesn't work correctly and gives me e71) I can run it through freeboot toolbox maker and it works just fine (I even tried flashing that to my 360 just for the hell of it but still got e71).  I think that there may be bad blocks or something wrong with my nand because none of the programs will take it and I always have to do the manual method of doing things.  When I backup using flash360 it always says there is one bad block or whatever.

Also, dunno if this matters but right before I started doing all this stuff this Xbox RROD'd and I took it to a local guy that fixes the RROD so maybe he messed up some wiring or something.

EDIT: When I reflash my nand with my backup dump Xellous gives an error at block 87.  Flash360 gives an error at block 87 as well when backing up my nand.  I read about moving bad blocks and tried to use a program to read my nand and see if there were bad blocks but it rejected it just like every other program saying it wasn't a real or original nand.

This post has been edited by UWerOwNED: Sep 10 2010, 01:28 PM

p4r0l3

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 10:49:00 AM »

To bitwise compare two files in Windows, open up a cmd window and use fc as follows:

fc <file1> <file2>

^don't include the <>

fc is included with Windows