xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cannot Flash Different Kv Always Xmas Lights  (Read 35 times)

Aldanga

• Archived User
Cannot Flash Different Kv Always Xmas Lights
« on: September 08, 2010, 09:40:00 PM »

As far as I am aware, it is not possible to switch KVs on the newer consoles which run freeBOOT 0.032. One might have success in a rare Zephyr, but it is not absolute across the board.

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 12:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(rslevin7 @ Sep 18 2010, 08:37 AM) View Post

u need freeboot 0.030 it's the only way

Yep hit the nail on the head...You need freeBOOT.03 and you need to keep your other good image handy to reflash when you are done. freeBOOT.03 also has a problem with profile corruption.

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 10:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(d33bz @ Sep 25 2010, 03:57 AM) View Post

The freeboot guys made this change to stop people switching KV's and going on xboxlive to host hacked lobbies.Unfortunately 0.030 still used the 9199 dash so people still use it to go on live. With the next dash release, hacked mw2 lobbys will be a thing of the past, and so will KV selling as people will need the latest dash to go on xboxlive and the new freeboot will not allow people to swap KV's  biggrin.gif

Actually they changed that feature because of profile corruption, not to stop people from swapping KVs.

Xenon's will be able to swap KVs regardless, so no it won't be over with when a new dash comes out, after they hack it, it will be business as usual. Pretty much everyone running lobbies uses a Xenon anyways.

At the end of the day it is not the Hackers job to protect LIVE from cheaters, it is MS' job end of story. If their is a way to exploit LIVE people will exploit it, MS has the burden to protect their product....same with their system, it was exploited because of a security flaw they had in it..that is no ones fault but their own.

I don't like the MW2 lobby scene I do think it has turned a lot of real developers off and it would be nice if the lobbies would be over when the new dash comes out. At first it will be, but a new version of freeBOOT will be right around the corner.

I think the OP question has been answered at this point, you will get Xmas lights unless you use freeBOOT .03 and build the image from scratch with ibuild. Or get a Xenon.

tk_saturn

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 05:09:00 PM »

I swapped KV's on Falcon running FreeBoot 0.32, but it wasn't intentional.

I Jtagged a Jasper and it was fine. Then straight after decided on changing the Falcon to AUD_CLAMP after reading a post on here that using ROL fried a RF board. Generated a fresh nand using the piggy tool and flashed it. Booted the Falcon and it had the MAC address and Serial number of the Jasper as I have IP's assigned to each MAC address in the router...

It could have been where I was using CD-RW, and didn't erase it before burning updflash.bin. However, when opening the updflash.bin on the CD-RW with flashtool 0.95 it reported the correct serial number.