xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 3/4 Rrod And No Video Output After Flashing  (Read 103 times)

brando56894

• Archived User
3/4 Rrod And No Video Output After Flashing
« on: February 12, 2010, 09:50:00 PM »

I just got AfterTheInsanity's usb flasher to work correctly with my computer/xbox and made 4 dumps, three of which were identical. I ran the dump through degraded and it was exploitable so i extracted the keyvault and the config from the dump and merged them with the xbr image, which i then flashed to the nand,  which went fine.

I connected the psu and the vga cable and it booted with an error 79. so I tried to dump the flashed image and compare it with the original one but found out that i couldnt access the nand (error reading (or programming) [address]).

I checked my joints and noticed that one of the JTAG wires was undone so i put it back together. I booted again and the top left, bottom left and right were red and there wasnt any video output. I soldered one of the points back to db1f1 (i had it at the alternate) but still have the same result.

Is there anything else I can do?

Edit: I just opened my original dumps in 360flashtool and the cpu key field is all 0's, is that bad? Also extracting the config with nandpro results in a 33kb file while extracting it with 360 flash dump tool results in a 32kb file. which one should I use? Originally I used the one extracted with nandpro

jonny5ive

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »

if you get error 79 means bad nand flash all so your cpu key is not in your nand you have to Flash xell and use jtag hack to obtain cpu key sounds like you missed some steps, have you tryed unplugging your VGA cable and pluging it back in?

brando56894

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 03:47:00 AM »

I completely re-did all of my JTAG connections and still get the three flashing red lights. I removed the flasher cables to have less clutter, I'll re-connect them and see if I can flash again.

Heres new pics of my connections:
RF Panel Pin 6
J2D2 Block
FT1U2 Trace

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 04:05:00 AM »

Extract your kv from your original NAND dump, and check in a hex editor if it's all zero's. I reckon it just didn't write your kv over to the NAND - hook up your LPT again, and flash the extracted kv and config over (use the 33kb file made by NandPro).

If Degraded liked your orig NAND dumps, the kv area should be ok.

Also cover the bare wire on your JTAG wires - if this moves it's gonna short out. In the future, I would use a small amount more solder as well, just to make sure you don't get cold solder joints smile.gif