xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A Very Big Problem After Using Config Magic!  (Read 209 times)

silas

• Archived User
A Very Big Problem After Using Config Magic!
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2003, 03:15:00 AM »

get a life

get a grip

get a ps2

timbo_1000

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2003, 09:43:00 AM »

darpalu , no matter how angry you feel and how much you are insulted the use of such language is not acceptable. The writer of the software has included a warning in his readme file that advises of the dangers of using the program incorrectly and has since modified the code to stop the issue from re-occuring.

I would suggest you tried to reflash your modchip with a LPC programmer or buy a new one. Then I would try a new hard drive and download one of the Evox auto installers like Slayers to prep the drive.
I don't know exactly what damage misuse of the software causes but I guess that replacing the hard drive will resolve it and if not replacing both the drive and the mod will.
undead, this is a little basic in terms of a fix and I'm sure that a full reformat will do but do you think this will work ?

ewok

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2003, 01:48:00 PM »

laugh.gif

A lot of those people don't read sticky articles or worse.....have never been to the Tutorial section of this great site. This pisses me off!  grr.gif

I will connect my good old C64 and forget that there are other, more sophisticated, machines...... Well time flies................ uhh.gif

Maybe...just maybe...a lot of people must not get the opportunity to buy modchips. Most of them don't even know how to install these chips (yes they buy modded consoles ...puke). So, basicly it's those damn modchip sellers  tongue.gif  It's their fault  biggrin.gif

Someone has to blame............. muhaha.gif

Hammy

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2003, 07:31:00 PM »

blink.gif

darpalu

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2003, 04:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (silas @ Feb 8 2003, 11:15 AM)
get a life

get a grip

get a ps2

get a life

get a grip

get a ps2

Ahahahah....impressive!
sleeping.gif

timbo_1000

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2003, 07:39:00 AM »

Darpalu , the idea of turning the other check is a very old one ( 2000 years or so ) I suggest that it is a good one , bad language and bad manners are a sign of a persons inability to resolve an issue in a constructive manner.

As to the issue , it may not be necessary to actually change the hard drive itself , you might be lucky enough to be able to use slayer to wipe it and start again. I'd try that first and if you are unable to do a 're-install' with slayer then it's because the drive is locked and it may just be easier for your friend to replace the drive than to explain to him how to unlock and prepare the old drive.

boris2

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2003, 01:51:00 AM »

dapalu:
Ignore idiots like BenJeremy and undead who think they know more than they do.

You will need an Executor 2 with the complex 4627 debug 1.02 or 1.03 bios installed to fix your problem.

Edit: I just remembered: A homebrew to A18 might be a better alternative, and that new dual debug BIOS could probably be used if u have a 1.1

freakyg

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2003, 07:18:00 AM »

For those who really know configmagic please reply. If configmagic beta2 says my drive is not lockable, is it always 100%?

I've read all forums on drive locking, tutorials, and everything possable. I have two of the WD120JB drives. One locks and the other does not. Thanks.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2003, 07:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (boris2 @ Feb 10 2003, 05:51 AM)
dapalu:

You will need an Executor 2 with the complex 4627 debug 1.02 or 1.03 bios installed to fix your problem.

Edit: I just remembered: A homebrew to A18 might be a better alternative, and that new dual debug BIOS could probably be used if u have a 1.1

Idiot?

All I have to say is good luck to darpalu in using your suggestion.

I suspect it won't work. He's got an invalid region... but the EEPROM is 'valid' - I don't think the debug BIOs will even allow an executable to run.

I have an idea on how to fix it, but abusing undead doesn't give me an urge to assist, nor do people calling me an idiot.

We'll chalk this one up to 'karma'

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2003, 07:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (freakyg @ Feb 10 2003, 11:18 AM)
For those who really know configmagic please reply. If configmagic beta2 says my drive is not lockable, is it always 100%?

I've read all forums on drive locking, tutorials, and everything possable. I have two of the WD120JB drives. One locks and the other does not. Thanks.

If it says it's not lockable, it probably isn't.

WD has been hit and miss, even with the same models (different firmware revisions, for example).

darpalu

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2003, 04:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (boris2 @ Feb 10 2003, 09:51 AM)
dapalu:

First of all thank you for your help!!!   smile.gif
In second place:do u think it's the same thing if i use a matrix with the same bios you told me?
Thank you again!

For BenJeremy:could you tell me please what is your idea?  smile.gif

Timbo_1000 thank you for your suggestion but for me it's simpler to change my modchip if this solution works,obviously.... smile.gif

boris2

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2003, 06:38:00 PM »

The trouble with Matrix is it is limited to 256k, you need the chameleon addon if you want to use Matrix.

I don't know what BenJeremy is thinking.. I guess you could replace the eeprom chip or find a way of flashing it with special hardware.

Maybe BenJeremy's correct my idea not working because I haven't tested it myself. The reason I expected the complex BIOS to work is it works on EEPROMS that are corrupt in other ways. The debug dash actually lets you set the region to 1, 2 or 4.

You have a Matrix? Try the cromwell BIOS, thats the only 256k BIOS I know of that isn't based on the MS kernel and therefore perhaps it disregards the region.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2003, 04:26:00 AM »

Because I'm a nice guy, I guess I will reveal my idea....

Change the region code on the apps to match the "PAL-3" region code in the EEPROM.

This should allow the apps to run.

No need for Debug BIOS.

I could be wrong though. Just a thought.
Pages: 1 [2]