xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nandpro Error 204 At Bf  (Read 21 times)

Looouky

• Archived User
Nandpro Error 204 At Bf
« on: December 30, 2009, 09:05:00 AM »

Hi,

I have dumped my XENON nand 5 times, each one matches the other 100%, but not matter what I seem to get a 204 error from nandpro at block 0x0BF, I also got a 250 error at block 0x24b. I believe error 250  is normal though. It is error 204 that concerns me and I was wondering if I am ok to proceed with the jtag hack.

To dump the nand I am using the 100 ohm resistors and the one diode.

Just for your info I am using a cable and setup similar to the one in this post and tutorial:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=691873

PS the total lenght of the cable from my XBOX to the lpt port is about 14 inches long. So I don't think it is a cable issue.

I have used the lpt portion of the cable before on another XBOX and never had any read issues what so ever. I tested the soldering and it all seems perfectly fine, I tested the the whole setup by resistance checking the connection from the lpt end directly to the board and it all checks out.

Any suggestions or answers are welcomed.

Looouky

• Archived User
Nandpro Error 204 At Bf
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »

Anyone? no one has experienced error 204???

xan21

• Archived User
Nandpro Error 204 At Bf
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 10:27:00 AM »

Just go for it.

Dump your kv a few times, flash xell, get cpu key, flash xbr and kv and your gtg.

xxpittbullxx

• Archived User
Nandpro Error 204 At Bf
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 10:39:00 AM »

my jasper 256 had a bad block at 440 error 204 in nandpro
have you tried to re-map your bad block?
also when i wrote xbr to the nand i got un-programmable block error at 440 but xbr still worked for me and i did not remap the bad block

if your sure you got a good dump then i would proceed to the next step  biggrin.gif

Looouky

• Archived User
Nandpro Error 204 At Bf
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 11:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(xxpittbullxx @ Dec 30 2009, 06:39 PM) View Post

my jasper 256 had a bad block at 440 error 204 in nandpro
have you tried to re-map your bad block?
also when i wrote xbr to the nand i got un-programmable block error at 440 but xbr still worked for me and i did not remap the bad block

if your sure you got a good dump then i would proceed to the next step  biggrin.gif

pittbull, is error 204 a bad block?

I have dumped the nand 7 times now all matching. I have used the cable previously on another XENON without error. And my soldering is spot on.

I don't have the balls yet to flash it, maybe after some beers tonight. I fixed this xbox, just yesterday it was a big pain in the ass was missing two capcitors on the GPU die and one pull up resistor used in the video memory lines.

xxpittbullxx

• Archived User
Nandpro Error 204 At Bf
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 06:02:00 PM »

Yes,error 204 is a un-programmable block! (probably already been re-mapped  by the xbox)

If you have 7 matching dumps I say go for it  smile.gif

Looouky

• Archived User
Nandpro Error 204 At Bf
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 09:19:00 PM »

thanx pitbull it seems that error 204 might not mean bad block but maybe instead corrupted block. I flashed over my xbr and read it back to make sure it matched what i flash. It also checks out, have to finish soldering the jtag wires and will let you know how it goes.

PS I had no more 204 errors from BF after I flash XBR which is why I think it might be a corrupted block.

BF is a long ways away from block 1 so my kv should be fine, so XBR should be fine and I don't think I will ever go back to the original nand should everything should be just perfect.

I'll let you know though once it is done. Man my first two were much easier without this 204 error.

Looouky

• Archived User
Nandpro Error 204 At Bf
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 12:13:00 AM »

At first glance everything seems to be in order and working, I am going to verify the dvd key and game fucntionality tomorrow.

0burner0

• Archived User
Nandpro Error 204 At Bf
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 10:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(Looouky @ Dec 31 2009, 08:13 AM) View Post

At first glance everything seems to be in order and working, I am going to verify the dvd key and game fucntionality tomorrow.

Does it work?? Got the same error here  blink.gif and is my first time nand flashing reading etc