xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1888 Repair Wil This Work?  (Read 32 times)

warbeast

• Archived User
1888 Repair Wil This Work?
« on: December 03, 2009, 12:14:00 PM »

i'm having trouble with my orig.bin after using xbreboot this is what ive done

i took 5 dump before using xbreboot witch all had 2 bad blocks in degraded so tested it was ok by writing it back and had no problem

flashed xbreboot and had no problem then wanted to go back to my orig.bin so flashed the known working orgin.bin that had 2 bad blocks result was one red light

i thought that maybe the orig.bin no longer worked as ive writen over the nand with xbreboot and maybe there was data on the nand that allowd the orig.bin to work before until it was over writen with xbreboot

so i connected the resistor back and made a degraded 1888 image using the orig.bin this worked kind of and booted to 1888 but the dash had errors showing no text in menus i updated to 7371 blind but still no txt in menu

read the bad 7371 and then just flashed back to xbreboot

so at the moment  xbreboot is working fine and i have no read errors i'm going to keep it like this but incase i ever need to try and flash back to stock can somone check this 1888 nand ive made from a donor box using my kv

(IMG:http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/3506/1888o.png)

warbeast

• Archived User
1888 Repair Wil This Work?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 10:45:00 AM »

ok i have both retail 1888 and xbreboot nands working now this is what i did but there may be a easer way

1.read working xberboot back and checked it had no bad blocks in infec tool
2.found a older retail 6717 backup i had from the same box with zero bad blocks
3.made a 1888 img with the 6717 opened in flashtool and increased the ldv to match the bad 7371 ldv10
4.wrote the 1888 to nand and tested it would boot ok didnt update as it has resistor removed
5.read back working 1888 checked it still had no bad blocks
6.flashed back the xbreboot tested it still worked
7.read back xbreboot again just to check it had no bad blocks

so now i have xbreboot working and a working 1888 img as backup incase i ever need to revert to back to stock by connecting the resistor back

i think my problem was the 1st working 7371 backup i made that had 2 bad blocks
xbreboot worked but must have changed somthing that allowed the 7371 backup to work before maybe to do with the maping

This post has been edited by warbeast: Dec 4 2009, 06:51 PM