xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A Cover Up Reveled  (Read 409 times)

grimdoomer

• Archived User
A Cover Up Reveled
« on: November 29, 2006, 05:44:00 AM »

ok you know how every one says that the backwerds compatibility is an emulaer, well its not. after recent discovery in xbox360 xploits forum a softmod that coud work the entire original m$-dash is there in the flash chip with the 360 dash. the only part that emulates is xbox live and it emulates from the 360 dash. so the entire m$-dash is there and a softmod thats crazy enoght has benn discovered but not tested. so if the softmod did work it would mod the original dash, then if you loaded up halo 2 and downloaded content for it it would kick you to the softmod dash

just remember that the entire m$-dash is there and the only part that emulates is xbox live.

grim_d

• Archived User
A Cover Up Reveled
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 05:45:00 AM »

I might consider thinking about this if you took the time to spell correctly.

wheres your proof? Id like to see that.

This post has been edited by grim_d: Nov 29 2006, 01:47 PM

grimdoomer

• Archived User
A Cover Up Reveled
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 06:02:00 AM »

i sayed in the xbox360 explost/softmod development its post a softmod that could work.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=566960

link

and i have a spelling problem i know i cant spell for ****

This post has been edited by grimdoomer: Nov 29 2006, 02:03 PM

grim_d

• Archived User
A Cover Up Reveled
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 06:04:00 AM »

i already saw that thread, i want to see some proof though.

jameswalter

• Archived User
A Cover Up Reveled
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 01:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(grimdoomer @ Nov 29 2006, 04:15 AM) View Post

after recent discovery in xbox360 xploits forum

A recent "discovery" by you.  We have yet to see proof of this "discovery".  You can't really call it a discovery either....at least not the way you did.

edit:  You say that it's not an emulator....yet not all games work?  What exactly would the backwards compatablilty update consist of?  You say that it is the xbox dash....but it would have to be recoded to work on the 360, as there are 2 different CPUs/GPUs in the boxes (Hence the need for the emulator).  How do you know the dash isn't being emulated?

pisshead

• Archived User
A Cover Up Reveled
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 03:40:00 AM »

This kid need's to play in traffic!

grimdoomer

• Archived User
A Cover Up Reveled
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 10:46:00 AM »

ok if you read anything that i posted all you haveto do for proof is load up halo 2 and download new content FROM XBOX LIVE and it will boot you to part of the m$-dash. that means its on the flash chip. learn how to read.....

jameswalter

• Archived User
A Cover Up Reveled
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 10:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(grimdoomer @ Nov 30 2006, 09:17 AM) View Post

ok if you read anything that i posted all you haveto do for proof is load up halo 2 and download new content FROM XBOX LIVE and it will boot you to part of the m$-dash. that means its on the flash chip. learn how to read.....

...and you have proof of this.  Cause all you have proof of is that the dash (or part of the dash) is running....pretty much the same way you play an xbox game...doesn't mean it's on the flash chip....it's just being emulated....same as the dash you are seeing.  If you are going to say "but it has access to save data"....so do games...they are called game saves.

Even if I had Halo2, I wouldn't waste my time trying it....because you have yet to prove anything.

Remember....the 360 dash is in the flash memory....but the xbox dash was on the HD....no different than when running on the 360....thats the reason you need the HD to run xbox games...cause it's where the emulator profiles and the parts of the xbox dash are kept.

deadparrot

• Archived User
A Cover Up Reveled
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 11:01:00 AM »

How the hell do you suppose the 360 runs x86 code on a PPC CPU without emulation?

It has been known for a while that some parts of the MS Dash are kept for BC and can be run inside the emulator.

peetyboy2006

• Archived User
A Cover Up Reveled
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 05:58:00 AM »

You have done nothing but post random speculative crud, in this thread and that other one you made (where i disproved many of your points and could of done more!).

You are trying to say that because you are updating through xbox live, and part of the original xbox dash is there, that the dash MUST be on the flash chip. WRONG!!!

Basically it could be anywhere, could be HDD, since its needed for emulation. could be that its downloaded with the update and ran into memory. Could be built into the 360 dash somewhere, could have its own space in the cpu, could be a little chip hidden on the mobo. Could be running directly from live servers, could be on the gpu, could be damn well anywhere.

And like jameswalter said a few posts down, even if it is there somewhere, it would either be re-written to use the new PPC processor, or it would be running within an emulator (which would of been written to cancel out all the exploits from the original xbox.) Plus its now running on 360 hardware so the buffer overflows of the original would not work now, as the hypervisor would stop all that.

You know nothing about how any of the stuff in the 360 works do you? yet your posting all this crud in the technical sections, and your getting flamed for it, and rightly so!.

Oh and dont tell people to learn how to read, cuz its very difficult to read something thats written by you! Its like trying to read a stephen king novel, except stephen king didnt write it, his 2 year old kid wrote it.

How the hell do you suppose the 360 runs x86 code on a PPC CPU without emulation?

It has been known for a while that some parts of the MS Dash are kept for BC and can be run inside the emulator.

Very true about the bc bit. But im sure that this time MS have taken a windows kernel (much like the original xbox, windows 2000 wasnt it?) and theyve modified it to work with the cpu, rather than the code being emulated. I think this time all code is now PPC based as to use the PPC instructions in the cpu. I could be wrong tho, so im not saying your wrong lol, jus a theory thats all, i just think its more logical for them to write PPC code rather than X86 Code and then have to emulate it aswell.

Kr0n1k

• Archived User
A Cover Up Reveled
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 07:23:00 PM »

I'll say this, the obvious flag that I can see is, they have to release updates to add games to a BC list, if the original dash exsisted on the 360, and was fully functional, that would mean all games would automatically work, no need for emulation, since the framework of the Xbox would reside within the 360. And when you download content, you don't download from the MS dash, you download in-game, its not like the original box has a marketplace. So really, all its doing is emulating that part of the game, it never goes to the actual dash from the original Xbox, at least from my expieriences with BC games. There is no option that reverts you back to dash, and even if there was, it would just put you back to the 360 dash. The games are emulated through the new dash and hardware, I don't see any signs of the old dash being anywhere on the 360.

deadparrot

• Archived User
A Cover Up Reveled
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 12:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kr0n1k @ Dec 4 2006, 01:54 AM) View Post

I'll say this, the obvious flag that I can see is, they have to release updates to add games to a BC list, if the original dash exsisted on the 360, and was fully functional, that would mean all games would automatically work, no need for emulation, since the framework of the Xbox would reside within the 360.

NO.

The dash has nothing to do with the execution of programs.  It simply provides utilities and a few other features required by BC games.

The reason updates are required to play more games is all down to the fact that there were several XDK revisions each with different libraries.  When one library from one XDK revision is ported, then a new set of games may start working.  This is why some games that are not on the list do work to some extent, since most of the required libraries are ported, but not all.

Lesaras

• Archived User
A Cover Up Reveled
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 07:11:00 PM »

Here is the problem with your theory.  The Halo 2 downloader only looks like the Xbox1 Dashboard to match the Xbox1 Dashboard.  The downloader is run from a seperate XBE on the Halo disc.  Same with the dashboard updaters on the Xbox1, which were in an Update.xbe.  Have you ever even looked at the file list for Halo 2?

QUOTE(deadparrot @ Dec 4 2006, 08:19 AM) View Post

NO.

The dash has nothing to do with the execution of programs.  It simply provides utilities and a few other features required by BC games.

The reason updates are required to play more games is all down to the fact that there were several XDK revisions each with different libraries.  When one library from one XDK revision is ported, then a new set of games may start working.  This is why some games that are not on the list do work to some extent, since most of the required libraries are ported, but not all.

Then why haven't the games added been in sequncial order of when they were released?  M$ itself said the issue was licensing of games on Xbox1 for the 360.  Hence why a bunch of crappy games that needed the money are on the list.

I think it is done by XBE name or signature, since the Halo 1 game will play, but not the demo.xbe included on the Halo 1 disc.  Wouldn't the two on the same disc both work if it was by XDK revision?

Methadon

• Archived User
A Cover Up Reveled
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 10:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(Lesaras @ Jan 2 2007, 03:18 AM) View Post

Here is the problem with your theory.  The Halo 2 downloader only looks like the Xbox1 Dashboard to match the Xbox1 Dashboard.  The downloader is run from a seperate XBE on the Halo disc.  Same with the dashboard updaters on the Xbox1, which were in an Update.xbe.  Have you ever even looked at the file list for Halo 2?
Then why haven't the games added been in sequncial order of when they were released?  M$ itself said the issue was licensing of games on Xbox1 for the 360.  Hence why a bunch of crappy games that needed the money are on the list.

I think it is done by XBE name or signature, since the Halo 1 game will play, but not the demo.xbe included on the Halo 1 disc.  Wouldn't the two on the same disc both work if it was by XDK revision?

Licensing? I'm sorry, but I don't believe that. The games are already out and marketed. They were written for Xbox; it's not like they have to re-release anything. I can't think of a single instance where emulation called for license adjustment of previous materials.

sentinel0

• Archived User
A Cover Up Reveled
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 08:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(Lesaras @ Jan 1 2007, 09:18 PM) View Post

I'm pretty sure that MS has the licence for the games considering before there published all games have to go through ms game studio.  Some one correct me if I'm wrong also in another thread maybe on xboxhacker there is a big discussion about getting the xbox dash to load and what i think it is boiling down to at this point are library issues not sigs
Pages: [1] 2