xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help With Jtag Xenon  (Read 503 times)

ravendrow

• Archived User
Help With Jtag Xenon
« on: October 03, 2010, 02:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(Grandmaster56 @ Oct 3 2010, 12:12 AM) View Post

Ok so iv done hundreds of jtag's in the past.But this is one is driving me insane.I got xell working and got the cpu key and have the original nand decrypted.Nand had 3 bad blocks on all 3 dumps so i continued to inject the keyvault into a freeboot image made with ibuild.When i flashed freeboot it was always coming up with e79 after showing a small part of the animation logo even after me remapping the bad blocks.Xell booted perfectly.So someone suggested i change the dates on the nand image ie 2004-2007 microsoft so that it would boot as some tutorials suggest.Still no dice.So i searched again and someone suggested changing the smc out of the freeboot for that of an XBR smc.So i did that.Flashed the nand.Now its stuck at 3 red lights,No Xell nothing.Secondary error code is 0102 which im told is a gpu error but iv refixed the rrod around 10 times now and was working perfect up until i changed the smc.I now cannot access the nand through nand pro and iv checked my wiring a thousand times.Iv tried shorting the nand but to no avail.Anyone got any ideas?
Any help is much appreciated.smile.gif

ok so first thing the freeboot smc and the xbr smc are the same thing if you would build your freeboot images without freeboot toolbox maker you would know that. so that being said , your problem is indeed a GPU error the only way to fix it would be too either

A. get the gpu reflowed

or

B. find someone in your area with a reballing station and have the cpu and gpu both reballed with lead solder

option B is your best bet at a long lasting repair but it does cost alittle more as it can be a lot more work than your average Xbox RROD fix

good luck hope you get it sorted

Grandmaster56

• Archived User
Help With Jtag Xenon
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 04:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(ravendrow @ Oct 3 2010, 09:51 AM) View Post

ok so first thing the freeboot smc and the xbr smc are the same thing if you would build your freeboot images without freeboot toolbox maker you would know that. so that being said , your problem is indeed a GPU error the only way to fix it would be too either

A. get the gpu reflowed

or

B. find someone in your area with a reballing station and have the cpu and gpu both reballed with lead solder

option B is your best bet at a long lasting repair but it does cost alittle more as it can be a lot more work than your average Xbox RROD fix

good luck hope you get it sorted

As i stated above i dont use some noobtoolbox to make the image for me.I made it with ibuild.I extracted the smc using 360 flash tool and reinjected it into the freeboot from the XBR image.I know the smc is the same provided you have the same XBR/Freeboot image for the same console.The file was called smc_dec.bin after i extracted it.i could read/write to nand as many times as i liked up until i flashed this smc.So i dont think its a gpu error.

Grandmaster56

• Archived User
Help With Jtag Xenon
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 04:25:00 AM »

UPDATE: ok so i got rid of the rrod (0102 error) and now its giving off 0022.which is what i had after i flashed the smc.Any ideas?

Grandmaster56

• Archived User
Help With Jtag Xenon
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 04:50:00 AM »

UPDATE: ok so i got rid of the rrod (0102 error) and now its giving off 0022.which is what i had after i flashed the smc.Any ideas?

ravendrow

• Archived User
Help With Jtag Xenon
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 10:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(Grandmaster56 @ Oct 3 2010, 03:50 AM) View Post

RROD 0022 is a bridged solder point under the gpu the only way to fix it is to reball it your SMC has nothing to do with it unless you are flashing the SMC from your stock nand and i hope nay i know you know better than that

Grandmaster56

• Archived User
Help With Jtag Xenon
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »

Ok so i reballed of the course of yesterday and i STILL have 0022.I know for a FACT its the smc.Everything was fine up until i changed the smc.any ideas?

chatterx

• Archived User
Help With Jtag Xenon
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 08:08:00 AM »

How are you re-balling the machine? I hope you are using professional equipment and not the overheating method.

Grandmaster56

• Archived User
Help With Jtag Xenon
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 05:44:00 AM »

Yes but thats the problem.How am i supposed to flash this fresh copy of XBR or freeboot when i cant access the nand? I think a cygnos is the only thing that can help me now.sad.gif

ravendrow

• Archived User
Help With Jtag Xenon
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 12:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(Grandmaster56 @ Oct 14 2010, 04:44 AM) View Post

Yes but thats the problem.How am i supposed to flash this fresh copy of XBR or freeboot when i cant access the nand? I think a cygnos is the only thing that can help me now.sad.gif

if you have done "hundreds of jtags" you would know you do it the same way you installed xell on all the other jtags here i'll make it easy for you hook you jtag up to your lpt port go into nandpro and type

nandpro lpt: -r16 noobkv.bin 1 1

dump it a few times and make sure they match then type

nandpro lpt: -r16 noobconfig.bin 3de 2

same thing dump and compare to make sure they match

now that you have that type

nandpro xbrxenon.bin: -w16 noobkv.bin 1 1
then
nandpro xbrxenon.bin: -w16 noobconfig.bin 3de 2

finally type
nandpro lpt: -w16 xbrxenon.bin

before you ask xbrxenon.bin is simply whatever you named the XBR3 xenon nand once you get back to XBR i highly recommend you use the noobtool maker for freeBOOT. as for needing a cygnos why?? it's pointless since FreeBOOT is a single nand option now. BTW you need to look at one of the 50 tuts out there on reading and writing your nand threw lpt. all of the info i gave you is available in just about every one of them

lol not to carry on but reviewing your original post if you just injected a kv into a freeboot image build with ibuild that was your problem in the first place you needto flash back to stock and start over building your freeboot image fresh with all the proper info from the original nand make sure you upgrade xell to xellous so you get bad block handling  as you are updating the nand

Grandmaster56

• Archived User
Help With Jtag Xenon
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 05:23:00 PM »

I really dont think your grasping this at all.I cannot access the nand at all.Even if i try any of those commands it says it could not find a flash controller.and it wasnt a kv a injected.it was an smc.

ravendrow

• Archived User
Help With Jtag Xenon
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(Grandmaster56 @ Oct 3 2010, 12:12 AM) View Post

i continued to inject the keyvault into a freeboot image made with ibuild.When i flashed freeboot it was always coming up with e79 after showing a small part of the animation logo even after me remapping the bad blocks.

unless i somehow magically forgot how to read the English language you most certainly did say you injected your kv. as for not being able to access your nand  it is most likely a disconected ground or a short somewhere in the cable  try switching those and your diode on th mobo i recommend you just wire the ground (it's the 3rd wire on the bottom row if you wondering) to the case of the 360 it should prevent failure to ground issues if your flash isn't being detected it is going to be a wiring problem.

ff7cstrife

• Archived User
Help With Jtag Xenon
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 07:25:00 AM »

0022 happened to a buddy of mine when we were also doing the jtag thing after we wrote a patched XBR to the NAND.

"0022 CPU error, generally caused by a poor connection to the mainboard (cold solder joints/bridged solder joints). This can also be triggered by an error with the TSOP."

so, we wrote an unpatched XBR to the nand, then patched it (on the NAND) with original KV and Config after doing so, and realized we just had a bad wiring setup and re grounded the wire elsewhere. everything worked fine afterwards.

gamesquest1

• Archived User
Help With Jtag Xenon
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 11:12:00 AM »

ok so the problem now is nothing really to do with the jtag or FW you have a problem reading/writing nand so check all your wiring before worrying about the actual FW you wont be fixing anything unless you do that,

im sure anyone who had done hundreds of jtags would know this already,
if you have problems try going back to XBR, and follow a guide if that works all ok

if you are using a donor nand you will have to use freeboot 3.0

most common problems and fixes there and it works like a checklist dont just skip to next part if you get stuck

Grandmaster56

• Archived User
Help With Jtag Xenon
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 08:16:00 AM »

Thankyou!.Thats more helpful than ravendrows answer.Sorry but it is.I knew it was something to do with the TSOP.Iv checked over my wiring and soldering with a volt meter but im still getting nothing in nand pro.This setup has been used to flash many a nand and iv never had a problem up until now.Ic checked all traces going to the southbridge and everything seems fine.As i said i think a cygnos is the way to go for this xbox.sad.gif