xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: M8_16 Ftp Problems  (Read 129 times)

kmj4jc

• Archived User
M8_16 Ftp Problems
« on: August 09, 2004, 02:05:00 AM »

Ok, so I've flashed my 2.3b lite with the orig 5838 bios on bank 1 and the M8_16 on bank 2.  Boots my Evox boot disk with no problems and I transfer the Evox files to the HD...eject the boot disk, reboot and Evox comes up fine.  I attempt to FTP some .xbe's and the transfer fails.  Checked all the .ini settings and they are identical on the boot disk and the copy i put on the HD.  What's even stranger is this.  When I put the boot disk back in the dvd drive, it still boots the copy of Evox on the HD.  Then if I choose the reboot option in Evo, it reads from the boot disk.  I can then FTP anything I want to the HD, but when I reboot again without the boot disk, nothing shows up in the launch menu.  Really strange.  Anyone have an idea what the problem might be?  Is this a known issue with the v1.6 boxes and that M8_16 bios?  I've looked around and cant seem to find any info on this.  Everyone else just seems to be asking questions about fragging and the installation process for the chip.  I'm past all that and no fragging.

Thanks in advance.