xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mac Os Running On Xbox Sucessfully! Look!  (Read 444 times)

Mack03

• Archived User
Mac Os Running On Xbox Sucessfully! Look!
« on: December 16, 2004, 08:03:00 PM »

THIS IS HARD!! ive sucessfully installed linux before so it wont be as hard for someone who has had experince! i am recently going to attempt putting Macintosh OS on my xbox because i have two and theres no point in having two xboxes now is there?? Dont tell me stupid things like this is pointless because people WANT TO DO THIS!! You must first install linux sucessfully, download and burn the os they give u pop it in ur xbox running linux and READ! looks fun consitering my xbox running Mac OS would be better than my friends computer! LOL Well the site is here LOOK!!!

http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~ranma1/mac_install.html

i nor the people at the website will be responsible for your retadedness! lol
seriously if your xbox is broken it yours and only your fault! And you will take full responsibility for it!  <

UndeadWarlock

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 02:47:00 AM »

No Chance in hell of this being useful.... it will lag like hell... linux alone on an xbox lags.... pear pc emulation to run mac os x.... that seems like to slow for a 64 megs 733mhz xbox.... :)  <

desertboy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 07:00:00 AM »

They are running the interpreter version of pearpc 400 times slower than native so if you want a 1.5mhz PPC with <64meg of system ran this is for you.

If you really want to run a mac os try os9 through sheepshaver on xbox linux.

Performance is slow but usable.

If you ran basilisk you could run os8.1 68K version faster than any mac ever did.
 <

Flame2k

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2004, 02:17:00 PM »

or buy a mac ?

emulation of full gui operating systems really isnt worth it. - needs to be native to have any actual use.

emulation of single apps coded for other os's kinda works (im talking about wine here) but is still kinda slow at times.

emulation really needs to be avoided hehe, but its ok for some of the old classic games :)
 <