xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Yet Another Lite-on Problem  (Read 78 times)

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
Yet Another Lite-on Problem
« on: April 24, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »

uninstall via drivers and use jungleflasher...if all else fails you could always send me the drive along with 45.00 plus return shipping. Free updates for life biggrin.gif Don't know what this whole hotswapping a drive is your talking about don't sound good though.

hardie

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 10:56:00 PM »

so you disabled your via card as per tutorial in JF appendix?
and you have portio drivers installed?
you have tray half open before you run JF
what o/s u running and what net framework do you have
you can erase again in JF if need be but you need to check status

wonkizzle

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 11:08:00 PM »

Yes. Yes. Yes. Xp, and 2.0. Should I update to 3.0? Couldnt hurt I suppoose.

hardie

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 11:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(wonkizzle @ Apr 25 2009, 01:30 PM) View Post

Yes. Yes. Yes. Xp, and 2.0. Should I update to 3.0? Couldnt hurt I suppoose.

no because in xp you only need 2.0 to run JF
connectivity kit would be better power cycling the drive is faster than power from the box and have you got the box ground to the computer
just checking you said you disabled via card but did you remove file from the system32/driver folder

6kwar

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 02:39:00 AM »

If you got Identify and the key it's really easy to spoof a drive.

First take your friend's drive and extract its key. Save it some where.

Then Spoof the Hitachi drive using JF to a Liteon drive using the key and identify file.  
This will bring you Xbox back to life. I did it yesterday because my Liteon drive didn't want to work so I took an older Hitachi 59 and spoofed it to liteon. Works great. Then I sat on the Liteon until I fixed it.

2nd.

When you load Dos. and then you power the drive and use L-O-Erase do you power recycle the drive after you get 72?
If not try it. I had a problem the first time when I didn't do that and it failed on the 1st bank. Didn't try to reboot and try again so I don't know if it would continued and then failed. But after power recycled the drive after getting 72 I power recycled the drive and then I got 4 OK on the same session.

Good luck

smiffy01uk

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 07:00:00 AM »

I had exactly the same thing. Panic set in and all controlled thoughts fled quickly.
To get this drive flashed i went back to jungleflasher and even though the drive wasnt showing or reponding i made sure i was on the correct port and hit the erase button and clicked yes to a few warning prompts.
Result: 1 erased and flashed liteon and a huge sigh of relief

wonkizzle

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 12:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(hardie @ Apr 24 2009, 10:20 PM) View Post

no because in xp you only need 2.0 to run JF
connectivity kit would be better power cycling the drive is faster than power from the box and have you got the box ground to the computer
just checking you said you disabled via card but did you remove file from the system32/driver folder

I did indeed delete the viamraid.sys file, and I ground the box to the pc with a coat hanger, because I felt like being hardcore. tongue.gif

QUOTE(6kwar @ Apr 25 2009, 01:31 AM) View Post

If you got Identify and the key it's really easy to spoof a drive.

First take your friend's drive and extract its key. Save it some where.

Then Spoof the Hitachi drive using JF to a Liteon drive using the key and identify file.  
This will bring you Xbox back to life. I did it yesterday because my Liteon drive didn't want to work so I took an older Hitachi 59 and spoofed it to liteon. Works great. Then I sat on the Liteon until I fixed it.

2nd.

When you load Dos. and then you power the drive and use L-O-Erase do you power recycle the drive after you get 72?
If not try it. I had a problem the first time when I didn't do that and it failed on the 1st bank. Didn't try to reboot and try again so I don't know if it would continued and then failed. But after power recycled the drive after getting 72 I power recycled the drive and then I got 4 OK on the same session.

Good luck

I didnt want to spoof his drive, he still needs his xbox. I was just going to use it to get past the dosflash prompt because it wasnt seeing my 6421 card through my liteon.

Also, When I did get the 72 message, yes. I did power cycle the drive. then I stopped getting the message altogether. just nothing but ff80. I must have sat there for about  an hour just trying different combinations of cycling and l-o-eras.exe trying to get 72 again, but to no avail.

QUOTE(smiffy01uk @ Apr 25 2009, 05:52 AM) View Post

I had exactly the same thing. Panic set in and all controlled thoughts fled quickly.
To get this drive flashed i went back to jungleflasher and even though the drive wasnt showing or reponding i made sure i was on the correct port and hit the erase button and clicked yes to a few warning prompts.

I will try this. Its for sure not recognized.. But i'll try that anyway. What if my computer freezes again though? lol. You think it wouldnt freeze since the drivers are uninstalled?

wonkizzle

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 12:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(smiffy01uk @ Apr 25 2009, 05:52 AM) View Post

Sorry for the double post (where the fuck is the edit button?)

I tried this, didnt work. It didnt freeze, but it did keep returning 0x80 status. must have tried it 10 times, no luck.

flash360

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 01:34:00 PM »

Try a different port. I have the via 6421 and also nforce 4 onboard sata, I have to switch between em sometimes, I have no idea why, it's almost like the port is disgruntled at doing all the work laugh.gif

wonkizzle

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 02:40:00 PM »

Bump for all my edits, I really need the help. Any more ideas?

wonkizzle

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 09:38:00 PM »

Bump again, anyone? The more time I spend not playing my 360, my soul dies a litttle inside.

hardie

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 10:01:00 PM »

on your via card there are two ports to plug in
which one do you have it in ?
theres one on the side and one on the front pointing to the front of the computer
try plugging into the front one but you may to check your port address again to make sure you have your liteon recognized  at the right port address

wonkizzle

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(hardie @ Apr 25 2009, 08:53 PM) View Post

on your via card there are two ports to plug in
which one do you have it in ?
theres one on the side and one on the front pointing to the front of the computer
try plugging into the front one but you may to check your port address again to make sure you have your liteon recognized  at the right port address

I tried using both. The front port was the one spitting out the 80 status, the other one was giving me the ff. Neither can give me status 72, nor can it be recognized in jungleflasher, or dosflash.

QUOTE(TheDemonIII @ Apr 25 2009, 08:59 PM) View Post

id your best bet is to just keep trying with dosflash. When i was updating my friends from 1.5 to 1.51 it took a while to get l-o-erase to return 72. It's all about timing, don't do it too quickly after the xbox is turned on, give it a few seconds. Same thing with dosflash once it's erased. Also, ive found it makes a difference sometimes, make sure u put the video wire in.

I usually keep the video plugged in anyway. Also, what is the recommended way of power cycling the drive without a ck3? Is it to just turn the xbox off/on? Or just removing/inserting the dvd power cable while its on?

Anyway, I must have tried at least 50 times at different times to get that damn 72. No love. Any timing pointers?

hardie

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2009, 11:32:00 PM »

removing and inserting dvd power cable while its on
turning off from the box is far too slow,  my opinion

wonkizzle

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2009, 11:57:00 PM »

Thats what I was doing...

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions, but im calling it quits now. I got ahold of an old Sammy MS28 and spoofed it without even trying. Thanks for all the help guys, I wish we coulda done it, but it doesn't look like I could save this one.
Pages: [1] 2