xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Liteon Tray Won't Open  (Read 39 times)

6kwar

• Archived User
Liteon Tray Won't Open
« on: April 24, 2009, 10:42:00 AM »

Hi all.

I got a new XBOX 360 today. Japser with Liteon drive.

I did everything like I need to. Extract the key and inquiry file.
Now that I have those files I create an Ixtreme 1.5.1 firmware with the key.
Loaded dos and erased the Liteon drive with  l-o-Erase. Got 80 twice and then 72, Power recycled the drive and used dosflash to write the new firmware to the drive.

Got 4 times OK and everything looks great. Tried to open the drive's tray but nothing it's just dead., Power recycled the drive again but still dead. I create my firmware using JungleFlash,. So I thought maybe there is something wrong. Dunno. So I did it again using Firmtool. Got the green light that says that now I can flash the drive.
Got back to dos again (Now the drive is not available in Windows so I am using the Sticky Method. Got again 80 80 and then 72.

I wrote only Dosflash in dos and it founds the drive and shows me that the flash is 0.  OK I excepted that it would be 0 bytes. Wrote dosflash again to write the firmware again. Again 4 times OK with checksun.
Power recycled the drive again and wrote dosflash. Now it showd me 256Kb. That there is something.

But still the drive is dead, I didn't soldered anything. Just used my own built Spear that worked great on the first XBOX 360 (Built it using the thread "Liteon key for free), I just put him in the right hole R707 and got the key.

The computer finds the drive in DOS (connect it in dos), But in the bios post it just hangs there,

I spoofed an old Hitachi drive and it works great. It reads backups and works great. But I want to know why it doesn't work now and how can I bring this drive to life.

Thanks all

flash360

• Archived User
Liteon Tray Won't Open
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 11:18:00 AM »

Maybe you have inadvertantly pulled a ribbon cable when you took the drive appart to flash it the first time?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

6kwar

• Archived User
Liteon Tray Won't Open
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 12:10:00 PM »

OK. I fixed it.

Kinda strange but this is how I did it.

I loaded DOS. Didn't use l-o-erase.
Just wrote dosflash. It showed me the drive.
Chose the number. and then selected Write.
It asked for the firmware. Erased and then Wrote. Got 4 OK.
Power recycled and it came back to life.
Connected it to the XBOX instead of the spoofed one. Works great.

Don't know why it didn't worked when I used dosflash with all the / .(Dosflash w Port 1 A0 etc....)

Hope it will help anyone in the same position that I was..