xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Anybody Know What The App Is For Unlocking Hdd's?  (Read 102 times)

MickRick

• Archived User
Anybody Know What The App Is For Unlocking Hdd's?
« on: October 29, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »

On the front page news on Xbox Scene, there is a story about an app that lets you unlock hdd's without the eeprom key. There is a link to a thread on the team xecuter forums about this, but when I try to access it it says:

"You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
   2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
   3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Does anyone know why this is or can someone give me details as to what the app is. It would certainly come in handy.

jhonnypolak

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 01:15:00 AM »

yeah, you need to register to view their forum

i've actually registered but i get this error both in IE and FireFox:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the Team Xecuter database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

MickRick

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 10:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(jhonnypolak @ Oct 30 2005, 10:19 AM)
yeah, you need to register to view their forum
i've actually registered but i get this error both in IE and FireFox:
There seems to have been a slight problem with the Team Xecuter database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Yeah, I've been registered since March and I still get errors. Getting the same one as you now.

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 02:28:00 PM »

I bet it's all just made up.

ducttape83

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 06:27:00 PM »

http://www.hdd-tools.com/products/rrs/ is the site.  There's a $50 fee per hard drive.  Or you can get a package deal for several hard drives.  There's a free diagnosis util which you can use to see if you actually need the service.  Reportedly, they guarantee their service.  That is, if you don't get your files back, you get your money back.  Oh, and if I understand right, you don't have to mail your hard drive to anybody.  it takes a matter of 15 minutes

MickRick

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 09:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(ducttape83 @ Oct 31 2005, 03:31 AM)
http://www.hdd-tools.com/products/rrs/ is the site.  There's a $50 fee per hard drive.  Or you can get a package deal for several hard drives.  There's a free diagnosis util which you can use to see if you actually need the service.  Reportedly, they guarantee their service.  That is, if you don't get your files back, you get your money back.  Oh, and if I understand right, you don't have to mail your hard drive to anybody.  it takes a matter of 15 minutes

If that is the "app" (which I doubt) then it makes a mockery of the statement that "The downside at the moment is that you have to buy a "recovery licence" for a small fee but when you have a 160GB drive with all of your data thought to be lost it seems almost irrelevant." And also the statement on Team Xecuter's site that they "have had many members test this with 100% success." Their members must have cash to burn, considering you can by a new 160Gb hdd for under $100 these days.

ducttape83

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 01:38:00 PM »

This is indeed the app, so quit your doubting.  The fee is small, compared to other sites and what they charge for the same service.  Consider these sites: http://www.datarecoverybc.com/unlock.htm  
http://www.nortek.on.ca/hard_disk_password.html
Quite the bargain, I'd say.  Anyhow, it's still up to you to decide if the locked data is worth $50 to you.  I had a 200 gb hd that is now locked and useless.  I would really really like to get access to the drive again.  But it's not worth $50 to me.  You could definitely save money if you and some friends with locked hds went in together.  for example, the next package is almost $90, and it's for 3 hd unlocks.  less than $30 each, maybe you want to consider that.