xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Strange Things With Xboxhdm1.9?!?  (Read 133 times)

K.OS

• Archived User
Strange Things With Xboxhdm1.9?!?
« on: October 07, 2004, 03:51:00 AM »

Hey,

there is something strange with my xboxhdm, because i tried the first time to lock a hd with this tool!

That was really easy, i thougt, afterwards the harddisk was locked and i pluged the drive into my xbox. An error 06 was all what appears, so checked the key one more time with xboxhdm. This time xboxhdm tells me that the key is wrong but without any idea what the right key could be.

for all these locking and unlocking procedures i used the same disk with the same eeprom.bin...

is there a way to unlock the drive with the MASTERPASSWORD:XBOXSCENE? i already tried that with atapwd and everytime it tells me "command rejected by drive"

thx

supertrolly

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 11:56:00 AM »

i seem to be having the same problem  i used xboxhd 1.9 locked the drive with the pass i got form eeprom.bin saved it to disk put in xbox got error 6 and now the drive will not unlock with the password i got form the eeprom i have swaped harddrives twice b4 never had this problem im going to keep looking on the forms to see if i can find anything..

-troll

:edit:

i used liveinfo to get the key and if gave me the same key i have been using to unlock the drive im still going to try it wih this key just to see if it works (stranger things have happpend)

This post has been edited by supertrolly on Oct 8 2004, 08:41 PM

K.OS

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 04:07:00 AM »

so it seems that noone could fix this problem

i have checked my eeprom.bin again and liveinfo says "This is not valid eeprom..."

than i found the hddinfo.txt in my backup dir, now my question can i unlock or lock another harddisk with this key i found in hddinfo.txt?which key is this hdd key...the unique hdd key or the calculated password?

so i have messed up a 8gb harddisk but i can still run this box?!?

K.OS

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 04:15:00 AM »

sorry....double post

This post has been edited by K.OS on Oct 13 2004, 12:19 PM

1hotjob

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 05:33:00 PM »

If anyone figures this out I would like to know. I have a 200gig and 120gig drive locked up. I have tried many times to unlock both.

I heard of a program "HD Maker" or something like that. I was going to try it due to having $200 paperweights.

1hotjob

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 05:06:00 PM »

To those having problems:

Please post your Xbox version. My theory is we are all trying this with a 1.6 motherboard and the current software calculating the key is wrong. LiveInfo only supports Versions 1.0 or 1.1 eeproms. When I tried to load my eeprom into LiveInfo, it said it wasn't a 1.0 or 1.1.

Someone smart enough to figure this out may be able to update xboxhd to account for the 1.6 motherboard and eeprom.