xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Looking For A Quake Mod  (Read 132 times)

Clockface

• Archived User
Looking For A Quake Mod
« on: December 27, 2004, 12:02:00 PM »

I'm looking for a certain mod, if it even exists. I'm hoping to find a mod that, when loaded into Quake-X will then list all of the map files in the

quake\id1\maps

directory, and allow the user to load the maps via a menu. The reason for this is  that Quake-X supports mods but has no way of loading maps in-game, other than using a real keyboard. To load maps in Quake-X, you have to go to the console and type

map mapname.bsp

the same as on a PC, but I don't have an external keyboard for the XBox (I won't bother getting one, as it seems to take away the convenience of using a games console!), so I can't load individual maps from Quake's map directory, so I was hoping that someone over the years might have made a mod to provide menu loading of the maps in Quake's maps directory, but I've not been able to find one.

I know that Quake-X has a virtual keyboard function, but unfortunately it is currenty bugged, and is unusable in the console   :(

If anyone is aware of any such mod then please post here. Thanks for your time, and have a great new year!   :beer: