xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35

Author Topic: iXtreme firmware 1.4 ALL VERSIONS  (Read 2583 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
iXtreme firmware 1.4 ALL VERSIONS
« on: December 09, 2007, 12:14:00 AM »

Posted by Iriez | December 9 02:14 EST | News Category: (default)

A new release of ixtreme firmware, for all versions of drive (except v78/79 hitachi, which maximus will release shortly)..
Features
(v1.4) Disc jitter fix

Note: Everyone is wondering why people were getting banned a few weeks back. Here is a short summary of our speculation:

There are specific timers within the challenge/response protocol that may be checked by MS to determine as criteria for banning. We believe they are measuring one or more to find discrepancies. While a lot of this is speculation, and a lot of data is inaccurate as far as replication due to different mechanics, there may be specific timers that can be easily read. One that we are focusing on has to do with the degree's of disc rotation, which will generate a sum (0,90,180,270) and embed that data within the Security Sector file. Now, we recently have noticed a change within games in regards to that Challenge/Response timer.

We recently found out that new games ripped with kreon drives will give back a degree, that in combination with ixtreme jitter, will produce a 360 degree value. This would be a unacceptable range (should only be 0-359). This is a detectable and possibly a criteria for the recent ban waves. Also, this would explain why some users got banned playing the same games that others played, and did not get banned. The point of jitter is to randomly give back proper values. With that in mind, a random jitter value from a kreon drive, with a random jitter from a ixtreme drive will rarely give back a 360 degree value. This new ixtreme will wrap that value to ensure that no 360 degree value can be submitted.

Now, a note of recommendation, due to statistical findings. We have spent days ripping *thousands* of security sector's with various drive/software combinations and have come to the following:

The most accurate/valid SS replication is done with a samsung drive using Schtrom 360 xtract or XBC. So far, we have seen only a very small percentage of 6701 rips in comparison to kreon. Now, given that, i think it is important to inform that this value was previously normal with older games. It may or may not be normal with *every* new game, but with some so far.
So, if you are planning on backing up your purchased games, please try to use samsung with schtrom 360 xtract or XBC for the most reliable replica possible!!!! This *could* mean the difference from being banned on xbox live, or not.

Now, as always, remember that you are modifying your console *at your own risk*. If you make a backup of your game and play it on xbox live, you will always run a risk of getting your console banned.

This release also comes with firmtool 1.2, here is the changelog:
- Added support for Samsung ms19
- Added prompt for Samsung firmware to copy version strings.
This will allow for those who want their ms25,ms21,or ms19 to report as a ms28.
- Added Xtreme/iXtreme version detection in the hacked source
- Added extra check of BenQ key range for odd BenQ firmware revisions
- Rewrote firmware and version detection.  Works properly with all spoofed firmware.
- Added spoofed firmware detection

Official Site: (n/a by commodore4eva)
Download: n/a (May be illegal under EULA/DMCA)
News-Source: xbins.org

Iriez

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 12:14:00 AM »

Vipernig

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 12:48:00 AM »

Cool Cool. Good work and good info. But we still have to throw away our bad burns extracted with Kreon. I mean this firmware is only to not return a bad value but it wont fix our bad kreon backups.

Or did I completely read this wrong since its late

Maer70

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 01:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(Vipernig @ Dec 9 2007, 09:24 AM) *

Cool Cool. Good work and good info. But we still have to throw away our bad burns extracted with Kreon. I mean this firmware is only to not return a bad value but it wont fix our bad kreon backups.

That's my question too.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)

mike8519

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 12:54:00 AM »

The Kreon backups are not bad.  It is just an error in the firmware.  If the Kreon ripped a angle of 359 the 360 drive with ix 1.3 or less is going to add 0 or +1.  If it adds +1, the value is over the maximum possible with a retail drive/game so it is detectable.

This FW fixes that error so 360 wraps around to 0 properly.

Correct me if I am wrong anyone, but I am pretty sure this was the issue.  Unless the new FW does not completely fix jitter issues.

This post has been edited by mike8519: Dec 9 2007, 08:59 AM

divertiti

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 12:57:00 AM »

Thanks for the new FW. My question is if we continue to use ONLY good rips that pass XDVDMulletter as well as Kreon checker, do we still have the need to update to 1.4? (using 1.2 rev 2 right now)

thanks in advance.

MarutiDriver

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 12:59:00 AM »

- Rewrote firmware and version detection. Works properly with all spoofed firmware.
- Added spoofed firmware detection

I'm actually happier because of this than because of the added security. So, yay!

The Prankster

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 01:02:00 AM »

I simply cannot express my gratitude for everyone who took place in this research with words.

trugamer79

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 01:05:00 AM »

If I already corrected all my backups with mulleter and kreon checker, is this still necessary?

Iriez

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 01:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(mike8519 @ Dec 9 2007, 03:30 AM) View Post

The Kreon backups are not bad.  It is just an error in the firmware.  If the Kreon ripped a angle of 359 the 360 drive with ix 1.3 or less is going to add 0 or +1.  If it adds +1, the value is over the maximum possible with a retail drive/game so it is detectable.

This FW fixes that error so 360 wraps around to 0 properly.

Correct me if I am wrong anyone, but I am pretty sure this was the issue.  Unless the new FW does not completely fix jitter issues.

For the most part, yes. I would like to emphasize upon the fact that you can still get a 359 degree angle from a samsung drive ripping, which 1.3 would = 360. However, this is less than 1% likely on a thousand SS rips. If it were my live account, and i was worried about detection, i would like to be 'normal' as much as possible. A 'normal' reply is 0100 or 0000 for the most part (like, over 95% of the time).

QUOTE(divertiti @ Dec 9 2007, 03:33 AM) View Post

Thanks for the new FW. My question is if we continue to use ONLY good rips that pass XDVDMulletter as well as Kreon checker, do we still have the need to update to 1.4? (using 1.2 rev 2 right now)

thanks in advance.

Theoretically you should be fine.

QUOTE(trugamer79 @ Dec 9 2007, 03:41 AM) View Post

If I already corrected all my backups with mulleter and kreon checker, is this still necessary?

read last answer smile.gif

I also updated the iprep definitions to the 1.4 as latest. These can be found in the usual places.

DeeRez

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 01:40:00 AM »

Will we have to wait for the next version of FWToolbox to flash a 78fk?
Sorry if this question is in the wrong place.
Have started a new thread about this, can you delete this post please?

This post has been edited by DeeRez: Dec 9 2007, 09:59 AM

Maer70

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 01:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(Iriez @ Dec 9 2007, 09:51 AM) View Post

For the most part, yes. I would like to emphasize upon the fact that you can still get a 359 degree angle from a samsung drive ripping, which 1.3 would = 360. However, this is less than 1% likely on a thousand SS rips. If it were my live account, and i was worried about detection, i would like to be 'normal' as much as possible. A 'normal' reply is 0100 or 0000 for the most part (like, over 95% of the time).

Thanks for your reply.
I understand what the drive does when a 359 degree angle is found.
But what about the "bad ss" Kreon rips?
Are they to be considered accurate or not? I mean: is it ok for a game to have a 359 degree angle or is that value (and the ss) to be considered wrong?

I quote from the news:
The most accurate/valid SS replication is done with a samsung drive using Schtrom 360 xtract or XBC. So far, we have seen only a very small percentage of 6701 rips in comparison to kreon. Now, given that, i think it is important to inform that this value was previously normal with older games. It may or may not be normal with *every* new game, but with some so far.

SNAAAKE

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 01:56:00 AM »

excellent release..thanks for all teh hard work !

anyway so what speed is recommended or everyone is using these days ??

Iriez

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 02:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(DeeRez @ Dec 9 2007, 04:16 AM) View Post

Will we have to wait for the next version of FWToolbox to flash a 78fk?
Sorry if this question is in the wrong place.
Have started a new thread about this, can you delete this post please?

Yes, as stated in the first sentence of this news post.

QUOTE(Maer70 @ Dec 9 2007, 04:17 AM) View Post

Thanks for your reply.
I understand what the drive does when a 359 degree angle is found.
But what about the "bad ss" Kreon rips?
Are they to be considered accurate or not? I mean: is it ok for a game to have a 359 degree angle or is that value (and the ss) to be considered wrong?

I quote from the news:

We are unsure if they are really 'bad' as of yet, or just more prone to specific odd timing. Its ok for a game to have that angle, however it only happens rarely. Its still legitmate.

ZakMcRofl

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 02:14:00 AM »

@Iriez: is the 0x67 only problematic in 0x228 (where kreonchecker scans) or also in other regions of the SS?
What I'm getting at is: should SS files that pass kreonchecker be "normal" enough or could they still have "abnormal" 0x67 values at other positions?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35