xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Your Opinion: Disc Read Errors  (Read 30 times)

Jaegarath

• Archived User
Your Opinion: Disc Read Errors
« on: November 16, 2007, 02:14:00 AM »

Hey all,

I decided to flash my TS ms28 firmwar to ixtreme 1.3 today.  All went well (this is my first time doing this) - I didn't read much on the different speeds, and chose the 2x speed.  I have now tested out and verified that my 360 can play backup's.  However I've noticed a problem:

I've tried out my NHL08 and Mass Effect backups - both come up with the "your disc cannot be read, there may dust on it, rub it with a cloth, blah blah...." error after a small amount of playing time.  I also noticed that in NHL 08, when switching through teams, it takes a very long time for team logos to change.

So, in your opinion, are these issues due to:
a) having a slow ass 2x speed
B) having RiDATA 2.4x's instead of verbatim's.
c) both

Please fill me in, I would hate to have to re-flash up to a different speed (maybe 8x?) as the only VIA chipset I could find is a friends that's sorta annoying to get to.  

-Jaegarath

This post has been edited by Jaegarath: Nov 16 2007, 10:15 AM

cypher21

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 02:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jaegarath @ Nov 16 2007, 09:14 AM) *

Hey all,

I decided to flash my TS ms28 firmwar to ixtreme 1.3 today.  All went well (this is my first time doing this) - I didn't read much on the different speeds, and chose the 2x speed.  I have now tested out and verified that my 360 can play backup's.  However I've noticed a problem:

I've tried out my NHL08 and Mass Effect backups - both come up with the "your disc cannot be read, there may dust on it, rub it with a cloth, blah blah...." error after a small amount of playing time.  I also noticed that in NHL 08, when switching through teams, it takes a very long time for team logos to change.

So, in your opinion, are these issues due to:
a) having a slow ass 2x speed
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) having RiDATA 2.4x's instead of verbatim's.
c) both

Please fill me in, I would hate to have to re-flash up to a different speed (maybe 8x?) as the only VIA chipset I could find is a friends that's sorta annoying to get to.  

-Jaegarath

I choose option C where's my fridge, and can i go on to win the microwave (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

just kidding, but 2x is TOO slow. I suggest you reflash it with 5x or 8x (i have 5x and it runs fine) And verbatims are better to use, so this might solve the dirty disc errors, but try it first after flashing 5x or 8x

GomerPyle

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 02:40:00 AM »

The Drive you are burning with is equally important then the media use Verbs!