xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: iXtreme firmware 1.2 for TS-H943 Xbox 360  (Read 1191 times)

fave

• Archived User
iXtreme firmware 1.2 for TS-H943 Xbox 360
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2007, 07:53:00 AM »

If backups previously worked on iXtreme 1.0 and now don't on v1.2, then this is because they have invalid data in the dmi, pfi or video sector.

What v1.2 iXtreme does, is check that all the stealth data is valid - if it isn't, it won't boot. v1.0 looked for stealth data & booted (without validating it).

From what i have read, images may pass XDVDMulleter b8 tests & still not work.
You will have to re-rip them (using a Sammy or Kreon drive)

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2007, 07:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(fave @ Jun 9 2007, 09:53 AM) View Post

If backups previously worked on iXtreme 1.0 and now don't on v1.2, then this is because they have invalid data in the dmi, pfi or video sector.

What v1.2 iXtreme does, is check that all the stealth data is valid - if it isn't, it won't boot. v1.0 looked for stealth data & booted (without validating it).

From what i have read, images may pass XDVDMulleter b8 tests & still not work.
You will have to re-rip them (using a Sammy or Kreon drive)

yes simply passing the Mulleter test is already very good if you make all your backup yourself and know all components are from the original disc.
Now if you have  doubts on some of your backups, because they are from the time the Stealth era (started with Xtreme 3) started and you are unsure you used generic file or not,  then you should check them against the Stealth components in your original disc. For that see Media Stealth: What is needed and How To Verify, (DMI, PFI, Video Partition, Samsung SS) .

And for flashing plse note the following thread
-Step By Step Tutorial On How To Flash Ms25&ms28 by myfranco
-How To Flash/Update To Latest iXtreme firmware: Tutorial, iPrep or Xtreme Boot maker / Via card method,

-soso

bbb177

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2007, 08:39:00 AM »

It seems like the iXtreme Hitachi is going to take some time, therefore I have a question. The new firmware only hides the DVD-R from detection, not the firmware itself. So as long as I only go online to download demos and videos without a DVD-R in my drive or with a DVD-Rom, it will be just as safe as with an iXtreme firmware, right?

HansiHusten

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2007, 08:42:00 AM »

Hitachi... several weeks.... god damn it!

Xx The 0ne xX

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2007, 09:06:00 AM »

wow..... would be nice if we got a hitachi one sometime soon....  :/

Commex

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2007, 08:34:00 AM »

I get an unhandled exception using iPrep and XBM 5.3 with the loaded new definitions.

Whats up?

XBM 5.3 worked with xtreme 1.0

This post has been edited by Commex: Jun 9 2007, 03:40 PM

Jaymioz

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2007, 09:11:00 AM »

Thanks for this!

"And please do not alter game content on xbox live, as that is the sole reason MS is motivated to ban backups on live!!!"

Just curiuos how were people changing the content on games? I thought that everything was encoded and changing the code changed the key and it wouldn't match the one set by MS and wouldn't start, the only flaw that I know of is with the shaders in King Kong.

BigSteel

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2007, 08:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(HansiHusten @ Jun 9 2007, 03:42 PM) View Post

You can get it much sooner if you feel like developing it yourself   dry.gif

tabsaid

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2007, 09:10:00 AM »

Several weeks  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grr.gif)   Stupid Sammy drives,  Good to see some progress anyways.  Thanks C4eva

This post has been edited by tabsaid: Jun 9 2007, 04:17 PM

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2007, 09:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jaymioz @ Jun 9 2007, 11:11 AM) View Post

Thanks for this!

"And please do not alter game content on xbox live, as that is the sole reason MS is motivated to ban backups on live!!!"

Just curiuos how were people changing the content on games? I thought that everything was encoded and changing the code changed the key and it wouldn't match the one set by MS and wouldn't start, the only flaw that I know of is with the shaders in King Kong.

It has been well documented that there are several changes to the disc that can be made.  Only executables are signed not things like .INI or .CFG files.  Many games use plain text with all the configuration options in these files.  This is all editable.  (Just have to make sure you don't break the CRC which is possible.)  

The only problem is you have to make small changes.. put them on DVD+R DL and try them.. very time consuming and you waste a lot of DL discs, but there are cheaters with money and time....

jackjumper

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2007, 09:53:00 AM »

Hi,
Is it possible that after I flashed my ms28 from Xtreme53 to iXtreme10 I cant use my Enable0800 disc?
it just does nothing :/
Could it be because I'm testing it with the dvd still connected to the box? (Im just doing a simulation to see if I'll be able to flash the drive withing 5min due to the vga cable being unplugged and all)

This post has been edited by jackjumper: Jun 9 2007, 04:56 PM

miqa

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2007, 10:10:00 AM »

Is it possible to play online with this Firmware?
And do I need a Con Kit to flash my drive?
Forza 2 e.g.!?

This post has been edited by miqa: Jun 9 2007, 05:11 PM

Iriez

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2007, 10:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(Midnight Tboy @ Jun 9 2007, 07:10 AM) View Post

so is this meaning that its still safe to assume then that if the game reports back as fine with no warning messages in xdvd mullleter then it should be perfectly good to go on this new 1.2 (I'm on hitachi now so cant go checking) - or could it be that mulleter just cannot ID the new checks yet?  which will be a pain in butt as have to go back testing all of my games now

Xdvdmulleter Beta 8 thread

Read the thread on technical details regarding why the disc cannot be FULLY stealth-validated with beta 8. Beta 9 is set to be released soon, and the image SHOULD be able to be totally stealth-checked. A burned disc may only be done if there is a CRC checking function added, with a database to boot.

QUOTE(l0tics @ Jun 9 2007, 08:16 AM) View Post

When I install this, all of my games had better work. Last time it cut them in half.

You are hereby warned, and temporarily suspended. The reason they do not work is because they are pirated copies. If you had done it (grey area) 'legally' by doing it yourself, you would not have this issue. You are being suspended due to your flagrant attitude that we owe you some favor. Guess what? We ARE doing you a favor. We are trying to prevent you from being banned, because you are too stupid to make your own backups.

QUOTE(olii1 @ Jun 9 2007, 08:31 AM) View Post

Exact same problem - can anybody answer this?

Thanks

Yes. I answered it in my very first post. Read?

QUOTE(DMAddict @ Jun 9 2007, 08:41 AM) View Post

I'm wondering how they are changing the game content. I don't want to take this off topic and can only guess they are doing it for cheating purposes (which is lame), but I didn't think was possible to change the game content on a disk. Is it maybe because they are not using the correct SS/DMI/PFI, which leads me to my question. Is it being looked at to make the ixtreme firmware so that it will only allow stealth backups and if it doesn't have the correct SS/DMI/PFI, it will not boot?

"Game engine" settings can be altered via .ini files (not signed, md5 can be re-inserted). How they are doing what they are doing is beyond my research.

QUOTE(fapais @ Jun 9 2007, 08:41 AM) View Post

my crackdown backup its not working as well dont know why .. it pass's all stealth checks .. to play this game put in a xbox 360 console error ... strange..  huh.gif

You have a pirated version of crackdown. That version has wrong PFI, wrong DMI and wrong video. It will not pass stealth. Do not discuss such items here.

Iriez

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(bbb177 @ Jun 9 2007, 09:39 AM) View Post

It seems like the iXtreme Hitachi is going to take some time, therefore I have a question. The new firmware only hides the DVD-R from detection, not the firmware itself. So as long as I only go online to download demos and videos without a DVD-R in my drive or with a DVD-Rom, it will be just as safe as with an iXtreme firmware, right?

There are, and have been, many security features added to prevent the firmware itself being detected.
QUOTE(HansiHusten @ Jun 9 2007, 09:42 AM) View Post

Its this type of attitude that makes reasonable, intelligent developers NOT want to help people out. Incase your to daft to figure out what that means, it means "NOT MAKE HITACHI FW UNGA"
QUOTE(l0tics @ Jun 9 2007, 09:53 AM) View Post

So apparently to upgrade from v1.0 it's like flashing a ms28, how do I know if I have the compatible chipset for the 10 second trick?

First demands that ALL your backups BETTER work, and now you want us to help you? Hah. Go pound sand.

QUOTE(Xx The 0ne xX @ Jun 9 2007, 10:06 AM) View Post

wow..... would be nice if we got a hitachi one sometime soon....  :/

You are getting one soon. Do you expect such things to happen overnight? Think in the proper state of mind and you will realize that these guys are working every day and night to bring you hitachi ixtreme. Thats pretty damn 'soon'.

QUOTE(jackjumper @ Jun 9 2007, 11:29 AM) View Post

Hi,
Is it possible that after I flashed my ms28 from Xtreme53 to iXtreme10 I cant use my Enable0800 disc?
it just does nothing :/
Could it be because I'm testing it with the dvd still connected to the box? (Im just doing a simulation to see if I'll be able to flash the drive withing 5min due to the vga cable being unplugged and all)

Are you using a single layer 0800 disc? 5.x supported SL 0800, but ixtreme has removed such code since it takes away from stealth security.

QUOTE(miqa @ Jun 9 2007, 11:46 AM) View Post

Is it possible to play online with this Firmware?
And do I need a Con Kit to flash my drive?
Forza 2 e.g.!?

ixtreme = Xtreme Online.

manh

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2007, 10:54:00 AM »

I am on iXtreme v1.0 and currently trying to go to iXtreme v1.2
but when I tried to flash it, it will not do anything.

here are my steps:

-Turn the computer on
-got to command prompt screen, I turned the xbox360 on with enable0800 disc inside and let it run for about 10-20 seconds.
-Eject the enable0800 disc then type mtkflash w /m ix12.bin.
-Selected Primary SATA option (which is 3 on my MB).

after all those steps it goes to the part where is starts to flash, and display this message:

Flash Type: "SST(SSTxxxxxx)"
Erasing ....chip erase....

After a long period of time I turned the xbox360 off and now I got an E65 error.

anyone know what happen and how to fix this?

This post has been edited by manh: Jun 9 2007, 06:14 PM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16