xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Booting Full Game Backups From Kiosk?  (Read 122 times)

teknogeek1300

• Archived User
Booting Full Game Backups From Kiosk?
« on: January 11, 2006, 07:27:00 PM »

I've realized that all the's boot options are changable on the Kiosk, but can we boot encrypted files once we've got the Kiosk disc booted? Or is that toably impossible. What if we booted XBOX1 games that had "fixed" xbe's? Should I persue this theory with the fixed xbe's?

pez2k

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 07:35:00 PM »

The X360's security still applies no matter what disc is loaded. The media check would fail on any .xex loaded from it that wasn't flagged to run from writable media (eg. a game executable), and removing the media check breaks the signing, so it wouldn't boot anyway. Xbox games are subject to the same rules, run from non-pressed discs and the media check fails, alter the xbe and the signing is lost.

teknogeek1300

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 07:55:00 PM »

OMG! I got it to "boot". But Counter-Strike isn't compatable! I'm going to try Halo2.

jameswalter

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 08:59:00 PM »

This forum is meant for technical things....NOT SPECULATION OR ASKING QUESTIONS ON THINGS YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT.  Please read others threads before asking questions like this.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 09:09:00 PM »

no, it wont work, not for xbox1 games or 360 games, read a few threads here on media checks and digital signatures to find out why