xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 360's Executable  (Read 209 times)

superaison

• Archived User
Xbox 360's Executable
« on: December 01, 2005, 12:48:00 PM »

I think i found it, its a .xex

i know this because i found the link(which is hard to find cuz i had to call MS for it) to the emulation update in which is a default.xex file. think this gets us closer? now we can compile them with a dev kit found somewhere on the net and see if one of those exploit games works with it. well this is a idea, yell at me is you wish, this might hav been found though.

deadparrot

• Archived User
Xbox 360's Executable
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 12:57:00 PM »

Actually, the XEX appears to be more like an archive.  This has been known about ever since the emulation update was released.  Read next time.

You can learn more about the XEX at Free60.org.

superaison

• Archived User
Xbox 360's Executable
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 12:57:00 PM »

oh ok, interesting

lordvader129

• Archived User
Xbox 360's Executable
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 01:02:00 PM »

the emualtor update xex is like a self-extracting rar, it extracts all the new emualtor files to to the HD

theys did it as just one file so we cant mess with it (would invalidate the signature) im sure other xex's (games and such, assuming this is the only executable extension) are more like xbox xbes in the sense that they are not merely archives

and which one of those "game exploits" would you propose we "get going" the one that uses the games that arent on the compatibility list or...oh, wait

yeah, gamesave exploits from xbox1 are NOT gonna work on 360

1: the games wont run (not on compatiblity list)
2: the sames arent transferable
3: even if the above 2 points changed im sure MS will have the emu autopatch the game xbes so they wont run the exploited saves

and even if all 3 of those security devices fail and we can get a gamesave exploit going, all it will give us is FTP access to whatever files the emulator lets us see (probably just a stripped down psuedo-version of the xbox1 HD) and it probably wont get us any closer to hacking the 360, just emulating a hacked xbox