xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Help On Sites To Buy A Mod Chip  (Read 348 times)

Guy Montag

• Archived User
Need Help On Sites To Buy A Mod Chip
« on: January 30, 2012, 12:16:00 PM »

Just a couple of weeks ago I purchased several items including the CoolRunner from www.xconsoles.com on the recommendation of a friend of mine that mods.  Got everything super fast.  Here's a link: http://www.xconsoles...unner-RevB.html

Psyfer9983

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 02:00:00 PM »

Thanks. So will these 2 items take care of it all?

http://www.xconsoles...r-NAND%2dX.html

http://www.xconsoles...LIM-BUNDLE.html

Keep in mind, I don't have the new slim yet. I just want to make sure that with the two items above, I can mod any slim model I should get.

cRaCKwHoRe

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 02:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Psyfer9983 @ Jan 30 2012, 04:00 PM) View Post
Thanks. So will these 2 items take care of it all?

http://www.xconsoles...r-NAND%2dX.html

http://www.xconsoles...LIM-BUNDLE.html

Keep in mind, I don't have the new slim yet. I just want to make sure that with the two items above, I can mod any slim model I should get.

You may want to make sure the slim model you get is the trinity model, and not the corona, before you purchase all this stuff....

Psyfer9983

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 03:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(cRaCKwHoRe @ Jan 30 2012, 03:14 PM) View Post

You may want to make sure the slim model you get is the trinity model, and not the corona, before you purchase all this stuff....

I though that they have update the glitch hack for the corona systems?

mouseym

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 04:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Psyfer9983 @ Jan 30 2012, 10:36 PM) View Post

I though that they have update the glitch hack for the corona systems?

Nope, it was just a proof of concept to show that the HANA chip (not present in corona systems) is unnecessary for the hack to work. But someone needs to find a way of wiring up the corona to glitch it.

Psyfer9983

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 04:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(mouseym @ Jan 30 2012, 05:02 PM) View Post

Nope, it was just a proof of concept to show that the HANA chip (not present in corona systems) is unnecessary for the hack to work. But someone needs to find a way of wiring up the corona to glitch it.

Ok. Is there anyway to find out what version of slim is in the box without opening it? Thinking of getting one at walmart here in a couple of days.

mouseym

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 05:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(Psyfer9983 @ Jan 30 2012, 11:15 PM) View Post

Ok. Is there anyway to find out what version of slim is in the box without opening it? Thinking of getting one at walmart here in a couple of days.

A good start may be to look at team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63164

Try to aim for a system without an 0500 drive or a 1175/1071 drive, good chance they could be coronas.

The manufacture date seems to be August 2011 onwards, so if you can see the date, stay clear of those.

Failing that, try ebay for jasper models.

Psyfer9983

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(mouseym @ Jan 30 2012, 06:24 PM) View Post

A good start may be to look at team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63164

Try to aim for a system without an 0500 drive or a 1175/1071 drive, good chance they could be coronas.

The manufacture date seems to be August 2011 onwards, so if you can see the date, stay clear of those.

Failing that, try ebay for jasper models.

The whole reason of trying to get a new system from walmart is that if I screw up the system when I try to mod it, I could return it. I'm fairly good at removing warranty seals and what not for reuse. I did that to my other legit 360 that I play on live with. I put a clear case on it with blue LEDs inside. It looks great, but I wanted a way to send it off for repair under the warranty which is why I took the time to remove the seal with a heat gun. Those silver MS seals are not that hard to remove.

cRaCKwHoRe

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 11:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(Psyfer9983 @ Jan 31 2012, 12:34 PM) View Post

The whole reason of trying to get a new system from walmart is that if I screw up the system when I try to mod it, I could return it. I'm fairly good at removing warranty seals and what not for reuse. I did that to my other legit 360 that I play on live with. I put a clear case on it with blue LEDs inside. It looks great, but I wanted a way to send it off for repair under the warranty which is why I took the time to remove the seal with a heat gun. Those silver MS seals are not that hard to remove.

I feel sorry for the poor sod who bought the one you returned... that is so messed up! laugh.gif

Anyway... your best bet is to buy one, take it out to your car and open the box. If the label on the back of the Xbox shows the amperage is 10.83a then it will be a trinity board and you will be good to go. If the sticker shows 9.6A then return it!!!

By the way- I just bought several of the Xbox 360 Kinect 4GB bundles from WalMart right before Christmas. They had a special where you got a free $100 gift card... and then I sold the Kinect's on Ebay so I basically got the systems for $100. That being said, they were all trinity boards so my friends and I were happy! smile.gif

Psyfer9983

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(cRaCKwHoRe @ Jan 31 2012, 12:20 PM) View Post

I feel sorry for the poor sod who bought the one you returned... that is so messed up! laugh.gif

Anyway... your best bet is to buy one, take it out to your car and open the box. If the label on the back of the Xbox shows the amperage is 10.83a then it will be a trinity board and you will be good to go. If the sticker shows 9.6A then return it!!!

I worked at walmart for almost 3 years. They send the consoles back if there opened due to having memory (hard drive, etc..) and don't put them back in the case. Anyway, does anybody know if you can see the voltage and amperage of the system without taking it out of the box? If so, I found that a system with 10.83A is a TRINITY system, which is what I would need to get. Have there been any bad reviews on the TRINITY systems?

cRaCKwHoRe

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 09:08:00 AM »

I wasn't able to see without taking it out of the box. The only thing I could see on the sticker was the serial number that they scan when you purchase/return them. As far as bad reviews- I haven't seen or heard of any.

Psyfer9983

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 09:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(cRaCKwHoRe @ Feb 1 2012, 10:08 AM) View Post

I wasn't able to see without taking it out of the box. The only thing I could see on the sticker was the serial number that they scan when you purchase/return them. As far as bad reviews- I haven't seen or heard of any.

Well, that sucks. Lucky for me, I know some people that work in electronics and will open them up to see the amperage.

Psyfer9983

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 01:22:00 PM »

Well, I just bought the Coolrunner and the NAND-x from XCONSOLES.COM. I hope that I don't get screwed from them. Now I just need to find a trinity slim, if not I can still use this to fix some other 360 with no DVD drives and no DVD keys. So its not a complete loss.