xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wasabi 360s On Fat?  (Read 347 times)

comman

• Archived User
Wasabi 360s On Fat?
« on: October 17, 2011, 02:26:00 AM »

Actually wasabi 360s is for slim and wasabi x360 is for phat; both of them still in pre-order I got reply from lightake,is it more helpful?

CNordy

• Archived User
Wasabi 360s On Fat?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 07:24:00 PM »

thanks...I know the slim is "designed" for slim xbox and fat for fat consoles...I didn't believe the guy when he said the slim wasabi would fit on a fat console, but wanted to check with others in case it DID work, then I would purchase it faster.

Anyone know if any websites have xk3y's or Wasabi x360 (fat) in-stock? Most sites say pre-order, yet people are getting them, but I've also read of people waiting for months too. Has anyone purchased one in the last week or so and already received it? If so, what site?

darcytucker

• Archived User
Wasabi 360s On Fat?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »

Mine is on preorder from mod-chip.com.  says eta Mid October.  Hopefully that means this week or next.

rfanch

• Archived User
Wasabi 360s On Fat?
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 01:45:00 PM »

Hey can I ask you guys a question?  I've been away from the forum for a long time, so I haven't gotten a chance to ask just yet.........

why on earth are you guys interested in paying SOOOO MUCH to mod your system?   I mean,... you could buy the tools for $90 (x360usb pro & ck3i) , you could modify using it a usb port on a notebook now.  no soldering.  no mess smile.gif

is it really just a matter of convenience?  

I run a mod business locally. and I think I might buy one of these and have it on hand at all times.  surely, someone will show up and I can sell it for $150..??  haha!

otherwise, well, it's a LOT cheaper to get your box modified..!  duh ohmy.gif

it's not difficult at all to do it on your own..! and you're already spending the money ,.................

darcytucker

• Archived User
Wasabi 360s On Fat?
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 07:45:00 PM »

its the convenience of having iso images on a hdd.  My wii is modded with a hdd and all my backups are loaded on it.  Never have to change a disk.  Well worth it.  Also, no need to upgrade dvd firware after the mod.

brunality

• Archived User
Wasabi 360s On Fat?
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 09:22:00 AM »

I'd much rather spend the money now and play my iso's off an HDD than keep buying and burning DVD DL and spend more in the long run (ESPECIALLY reburning XGD3's!). Plus no need to track down the disc I want or worry that it's been scratched. No need to worry about weak lasers or dying drives either.
I'm more surprised at all the people trying to bash these ODDE's. It's convienent, it's cheap, and it's updatable where burned DVD's aren't.

I would like to actually hear that they are shipping. Wasabi's site shows they have firmware to download, but haven't found anyone with one yet.
I'll be buying one as soon as I can, instead of buying the new lite-on burner to run MAX fw.

btw, the Wasabi is selling for $100, but you say it's so much cheaper to mod for $90. I'd rather spend $100 + $100 a 2tb eSATA HDD than $90 + $250 for (5) 50 packs of DVD DL's + $20 for the lite-on burner for XGD3. The Wasabi is solderless also, so there's that too.

CNordy

• Archived User
Wasabi 360s On Fat?
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 01:48:00 PM »

rfanch - In response to your post, it's not that much more expensive to get an ODDE rather than firmware flashing tools. If it's $90 like you say to get the tools, I still have to learn how to use the probe and software, follow lengthy tutorials on how to remove dvd keys, and do strange things like opening the drive half way (or so I've read)....It's only $100-105 to get the ODDE, which is also solderless. Both the xk3y and Wasabi play games ISOs off an external hdd which most people already have lying around, and it adds the convenience of not needing a bunch of games right next to the system to change games. Finally, you don't need to burn and re-burn games ever (saving you money on DVD+DL's), open your console up (unless you use the x360pro or whatever it's called) to reflash new custom firmware each time an update comes out since you simply put the updated files on the hdd to reflash the xk3y/wasabi "modchip", and it's almost idiot-proof to install and use unlike dvd flashing tools. So for the extra $10-15, it's definitely worth it.

Update on my original post: I've received a reply from Wasabi that said each version (fat and slim) are designed specifically to fit on their respective consoles, so the slim won't fit the fat console or vice versa like a seller I've seen was saying.

Anyone know if the new xk3y design (ver. r7-2, modchipcentral.com shows they switched from mini-USB to flat cable-to-usb-adapter) still comes with the lcd screen dongle? Has anyone seen a video online yet or have one to review?

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Wasabi 360s On Fat?
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 07:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(CNordy @ Oct 20 2011, 02:48 PM) View Post

rfanch - In response to your post, it's not that much more expensive to get an ODDE rather than firmware flashing tools. If it's $90 like you say to get the tools, I still have to learn how to use the probe and software, follow lengthy tutorials on how to remove dvd keys, and do strange things like opening the drive half way (or so I've read)

You still have to do that. You have got to have your dvd key/firmware for these ODDEs to function.

darcytucker

• Archived User
Wasabi 360s On Fat?
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 12:50:00 PM »

Has anyone received one yet?  I'm starting to get annoyed.  Im still waiting for my pre-order.  This has been ongoing for months and I'm about to cancel it unless it gets shipped soon.  Anyone have some insight?

CNordy

• Archived User
Wasabi 360s On Fat?
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Oct 28 2011, 02:16 AM) View Post

You still have to do that. You have got to have your dvd key/firmware for these ODDEs to function.

Not true if you find something to do it for you. I had a guy flash my drive for $30 and he gave me the key, OFW and CFW files on a usb stick. So I saved $60 on the tools and since I went the ODDE route with an xkey, I never have to deal with buying DVDs.

ptran38

• Archived User
Wasabi 360s On Fat?
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 08:12:00 PM »

Does anyone have an answer for this question.  Other than physical dimension, will the 360s function in a phat 360? I don't really care if it fits perfect.  It can be just the board by itself connected to the power cable and the two SATA cable.  Will it work?