xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Horrible Experience With Mrmodchips.com  (Read 183 times)

3thereal

• Archived User
Horrible Experience With Mrmodchips.com
« on: January 09, 2009, 05:52:00 PM »

Until the new lite-on modification kits came out for the 360 drives, I had always been purchasing my modchip products through Divineo for several years and I never really had any problems with them, it looks as if I should have stuck with them. MrModChips.com treats their customers like crap, and I just wanted to warn people.

If I'm posting in the wrong place, I apologize - if there is a better spot for me to give this kind of feedback, please let me know.

So I had placed a pre-order for a ck3 probe and 360 Connectivity Kit V3 Pro on 12/20. Throughout the waiting process, they really kept me in the dark and I kept having to submit tickets to get any information from them and to get them to move my order along. I had been already waiting for 3 weeks and my order had been sitting in "Awaiting Packing" status for 5 business days. Awaiting packing? So all they had to do was put the product in a box and hand it to the shipping guy? And it sat there for 5 days? I'm sure you can understand I was a little upset about this. Here is the ticket I submitted:

"First, the arrival dates of parts that I ordered kept getting moved back (I understand that is out of your control, but it just adds to the frustration), next when the parts finally came in it took you guys 5 days to change my order to "awaiting packing" status (which you only did AFTER I submitted a ticket) and now it has been in "awaiting packing" status for another 5 days. What kind of business is this? If my product has not been shipped and tracking information given to me by Monday, I'm going to have my credit card company cancel this whole deal and I will take my money elsewhere. This is  ridiculous, just give me an update please."

Maybe I was a little out of line, but really, I shouldn't of had to constantly keep poking at them to get anywhere. Here is the response that MrModChips.com gave me:

"Well it looks like your taking your money elsewhere as we have taken the decision that we do not want to supply you with any products.

Good luck trying to buy one elsewhere as you will quickly find that noone has any stock.
We have also taken teh step of advising all other xecuter stockist that you are a potential chargeback fraud risk and that they are better off not to deal with you as well.
How ridiculous is that ?

ha fucking ha

Goodbye"

And then "Class A idiot who thinks they can get one elsewhere so we will laugh at them"

Holy crap, that is the most childish thing I've ever seen a business do. I would recommend anyone steer clear of these guys. Anyone else had problems like this?

3thereal

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 12:11:00 AM »

I'm going to repost this in the "Technical DVD-ROM and Modified DVD Firmware Forum" as well, I don't want it to look like I'm spamming but I think more people will see this in there.

armyof1ne

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 12:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(3thereal @ Jan 10 2009, 12:11 AM) View Post

I'm going to repost this in the "Technical DVD-ROM and Modified DVD Firmware Forum" as well, I don't want it to look like I'm spamming but I think more people will see this in there.

Just so you know your dealing with a out of the garage website... they are extremely unprofessional, You have to remember you are dealing with extreme geeks when buying modchips, expect dumbasses that think they are smarter than you, and whatever you do dont get into a intelligence war, no one wins, and both look like tards!

snip77

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 03:40:00 PM »

Saying Hi to you,
Have bought for more then 3 years from them, never any problems, when somethings wrong,
just email them and give them some time to solve the problem, every other shop has his own problems....
EVEN DIVINEO......... dry.gif  cool.gif

jroc74

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 10:08:00 AM »

^But still, when u spend your money on a product/service and delays and whatnot occur, u can always expect that the customer may be upset. Like I ordered a custom PC earlier last year. B4 it shipped, they contaced me and said I hadnt picked a video card. I said cuz I didnt like the selection they had and was getting it from elsewhere. They responded that they will use one they had to test the PC, then remove it. I said thats fine.

But, when I got the PC, they didnt have the cpu cooler I picked or the ram I selected. I asked what happened. They said they gave me a higher priced one for no extra charge, (which they did, but the one I selected I feel was a better product) and the ram was 1 stick at 2GB instead of 2 1GB ones. They said the ram switch would make for easier upgrades. Bottom line, they kept me informed, and when I got something I didnt want or something happened that I didnt expect or like, they explained the situation.

Granted, my PC may have come from a large company, not sure. But whether the store is ran from their bedroom or office building, that was poor business practice from mrmodchips.com. U mean to tell me every irate, upset customer they come across they gonna treat like that and its acceptable? Uh No.

Thank you 3thereal for posting your experience with them. Cuz of that I know I wont be dealing with them.

This post has been edited by jroc74: Jan 11 2009, 06:13 PM

POTI

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 05:40:00 PM »

I am also in the awaiting packaging status for a few weeks now. I hope they get there stuff together soon.

POTI

QFE24

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 04:46:00 AM »

Just do a web search on this guy and you'll see he been causing problems for years.
I had faultless service from him for 2 years.
Then one delivery was short, I wrote and told him.
He accused me of scamming him and banned me from his site, saying nothing about the money he had of mine for the next order I had placed.
This wound me up so much I tracked him down with help of other disgruntled and abused customers.

He could run a darn good business, if he could keep his temper under control and stop thinking every one is trying to rip him off when they enquire or have an issue with his product or services.
I have complete folder on this guy to this day.
Last time I looked the Mrmodchips website contact address was in Thailand that should set the alarm bells ringing.
Ever since my run in with him, I always check to make sure, where I am buying from has genuine contact details and that they work.
I did get my refund in the end but it took some work to achieve

Kushan

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 01:53:00 AM »

Just to add my own tidbit of info on this guy:

Like the above poster I had a CK3Pro on order for weeks (yes, weeks) and nothing was sent out. I eventually ordered one somewhere else and got it the next day, so I sent them a ticket asking the order to be cancelled.

The response was "A refund will be made within the next 5 days. Please be aware that you are no longer welcome to use our services".

They eventually did give me a refund, I'm glad to say, but if they don't want my money, I certainly wont be giving it to them ever again.
I can fully recommend shopneo for some fantastic customer service.

lmaolmao

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 08:15:00 AM »

i've mostly only heard bad things about him.

used to be based in bristol in the UK, not sure now.

This post has been edited by lmaolmao: Feb 17 2009, 04:16 PM

ruddyrum

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 11:13:00 AM »

your dealing with a out of the garage website... they are extremely unprofessional

I would stay well clear of these people!! I once bought a cartridge for my DS from them, and when they did not have the one i requested in stock, they sent me an email saying that another one was being dispatched. I replied to the email, saying that i would rather wait until the one i requested was back in stock, as it had specific features that i required. he then said he would throw in a GBA and rumble pack cartridge. Again i declined and said i would wait. He then responded and said that my order was canceled because i was being an idiot - no refund no explanation nothing!!!

Luckily i had purchased on a credit card, so i phoned my bank, and canceled the transaction. My bank said that if i had used a debit card or bank transfer i would not have been able to recover the funds.

One of my colleagues once had a bad experience when purchasing something for his wii - i believe it was a wiikey. When he received the product, it was meant to come with a hologram, and after some research he believed it was a clone. Although it would still probably any firmware updates would make the clone redundant. my colleague just wanted to return the product for a refund - the reply was, and i quote "stop being such a pedantic twat! By all means return the chip, but a refund is out of the question - even if we did send out a clone, it would still work unless you don't install it properly"

conclusion: customer services is not their strong point (understatement of the decade) however if you are after a quick sale with no post sales assistance, i.e warranty, refunds or exchanges your sorted!

I personally would never again buy anything from MrModChips again, and i highly suggest taking your custom elsewhere.

Anyone thinking of buying from MrModChips should check out his feedback page here

This post has been edited by ruddyrum: Feb 18 2009, 07:24 PM

brando56894

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 06:26:00 PM »

With my experience in this I'd say that buying any sort of mod chip and having it delivered to the USA is a waste of time and money. Before I found out that a mod chip wasnt needed for the original xbox and all you needed was a softmod I ordered one from divineo and after 3 weeks they finally told me that my product was back ordered.

I then went onto another modchip dealer and ordered one after a week it still said my product order was processing, I emailed them and politely asked what was going on and never got a response. I waited another 2 weeks and it still said the same thing "processing" . So I fired off another email this time asking WTF was going on and still didnt get a response. About a week after that I finally got a response to my initial email and it said that my order was processing. I canceled the order via their "help desk" web application, which was working incorrectly as luck would have it. Even though it said my order was canceled, I got an email a week later saying that my product would be shipping shortly. Weeks went by, the product never came and the charge was still there. I finally had to take it up with my bank to have the charges removed.

Its a PITA to do the lite-on extraction but its 10x easier then dealing with these clowns. Buy the needed tools (I recommend the DIYgadget kit, since its cheap and it works), disassemble your xbox, extract the keys and flash the drive. This way you wont risk fraudulent charges and screwing up youre soldering job and bricking your drive, which I found out is nearly impossible with the lite-ons. It may look like its dead but it just sleeping biggrin.gif

Meethatguy

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2020, 09:38:00 PM »

There are some forums where they even have to worry about bad mouthing them because he has been known to delete posts, mess up forums and god knows what else if he has your IP.

I have never heard anything good abou tthis place and my 1 order to them after I ordered I was in an IRC chat with people who "worked" for the site.  1 of them told me my order shouldnt have been accepted because the xeniums were out of stock.

OK, So i ask for a refund.
Nono, dont give him a refund we will get them.
3 weeks go by, my order is still "processing"
I go back to the IRC chat and the same guy tells me they havent had any in stock in weeks.
So I tell them to give me my money back and Ill buy from a different store.
The irc chat guy was fine with it, but when his boss came on he kept droning on abou thow it takes time sometimes and he could give me a refund but then if the order cam ein after the refund he would reject my business.

OH DARN
You couldnt even finish processing my order in a month and then expect me to be mad I cant buy from you??

Its sad when people like this start businesses.

The moral is
Dont buy from the guy unless you have kissed his ass fo ryears.  I so think of him as the comic book guy sitting playing WoW with a slurpee and some nachos

OliG

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 04:04:00 PM »