xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nme 1.2 In Hitatchi 47dh Not Working  (Read 242 times)

360newb22

• Archived User
Nme 1.2 In Hitatchi 47dh Not Working
« on: June 29, 2008, 11:38:00 AM »

Hello everyone,

I am new to 360 modding, but not new to modding.  I have done a few NME 2.0 installs on BenQ and Samsung drives without issues, and I am now trying to get a NME 1.2 to work with a Hitatchi 47DH drive.  I am quite sure the install is good ( I am used to D2C mods on the Wii, so this was not too difficult).  I checked the connections with a meter for continuity and also for bridging.  I also adjusted the pot to about 2.5K.  The drive reads originals just fine, but when I insert an NME compatible disc it tries to read it, and then gives me the error that the disc is unreadable.  When I put my non-NME compatible discs in I get the typical "Insert this disc into an XBOX 360 console," but with the NME compatible discs it spins quite aggressively as if it is really trying to read, and then after about 20 seconds of that it gives the error that the disc is unreadable.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I wish there were diagnostic LEDs on the NME like on the D2CKey and D2Pro chips for the Wii.  Also, do I have to bridge any connections on the chip?  I know with the Samsung drives I had to bridge point B to GND I think.  I am debating whether I should try to put a NME 2.0 in it, but I'd like to salvage this 1.2 and get rid of it :-).

Thanks

letsmod

• Archived User
Nme 1.2 In Hitatchi 47dh Not Working
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 11:19:00 PM »

there is a flawed batch of NME 1.2's some work on hitachi some do not.  NME2 does work well on early hitachi but still fails to properly work on 0078 and 0079

did u tweak the laser down to 3.1 ?