xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Best Modchips, Is There Any That Aren't Banned Yet?  (Read 66 times)

tylord

• Archived User
Best Modchips, Is There Any That Aren't Banned Yet?
« on: January 11, 2008, 12:59:00 PM »

I had a 360 with the xeno modchip i believe and it was a beautiful thing. You had to hold the eject button down for 5 secs the chip would turn on and you could play your backups.

Anyways, that 360 died and i sold it, i jsut got an elite and i want to mod it too. I find that there is an oversaturation of info regarding modchips that don't even exist anymore.

I was just hoping to get some advice as to what the best chips are right now and why. Thanks.

WetPaint

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 05:11:00 PM »

I got a mod chip where i play copyd but i want to know if i put a normal game into it and go online will it be detected. Because i think they detect it because the copys games run like half a second slower so basicly i just want to know if i put a normal gme in will they detect it  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Technitian3

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 02:04:00 AM »

There are really only 3 chips available for the 360 at the moment: the NME360 v2, the Globe360 v2, and the Infectus.
The NME360 v2 is a 5 to 14 wire install (depending on which drive you have), will work on any drive, and requires no programming (tho it can be updated). It does require backups to be burnt a little differently tho.
The Globe360 v2 is a 30 wire install (or quicksolder pcb plus 7 wires), won't work on a Benq drive, and requires you to flash custom firmware to it.
The Infectus is a 33 wire install, will mimic a Globe360 on Hitachi/Samsung drives, or allow you to flash a Benq drive with custom firmware (which you don't need a chip for in the first place if you're anyone but myself). The Infectus also allows you to do a bunch of other stuff like NAND flashing, but no average/sane person will ever need it.

I just picked up a 360 arcade unit with a Benq, and have spent two weeks trying to flash the thing (unsuccessfully), so I ordered a NME360v2.

Goya

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 08:00:00 PM »

I saw something about the Blaster 360 on a site and came here to see if there is any input on the boards.  I cant seem to find any info about it here.  Does anyone know if its a legit option?  By looking over the info on a site it says its pretty easy to turn on and off for online playing.  How does it compare to the other chips listed in the above post?  

Thanks for the input.