xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Anyboby With A Nme Chip Banned?  (Read 217 times)

ichigoxxx

• Archived User
Anyboby With A Nme Chip Banned?
« on: May 18, 2007, 09:47:00 AM »

i just want to know if people with the nme chip has been ban from xbox live thanx.

geolas

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »

or the xeno-360 chips.

i wanted to know to, but i am gonna assume no one will kno unless, one brave soul decides to go try it out for the sake of others haha.

400pont

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 03:03:00 PM »

I got an NME 1.2 and I did the update while a backup was in the drive and being played. I updated the Xbox then the game needed an update and I proceeded to play for a few hours. I was not playing online but playing single player signed into my live account.

Then I hear about this stuff and so I took the backup out and threw my original in just to make sure and I can still connect to live and I could. I then put the backup back in and was still able to login. So I'm not sure what to think of it. But unlike the firmware boys I can choose to not put a backup in and continue to play on live it looks like.

ydgmms

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 05:31:00 PM »

please keep us posted

geolas

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 12:35:00 AM »

so pretty much the ban, i guest is justified.

Aslong as you dont go on LIVE with the backup you should be fine. Unless there some other stories.

R155

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 01:40:00 AM »

yep ive been banned so much for NME telling us its undetable

we all take the risks and we all pay the price, personally i aint gonna moan

is there a site like kia for 360 ?? piracy type live like the original xbox 1 ??

Tribis

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 08:41:00 AM »

He probably had a 1.0 because 1.2s are not banned. Probably because of the way the disc are copied and the NME itself.

EDIT: NVM I looked at his sig, and I assume he has a 1.2. Interesting something must have been different.

This post has been edited by Tribis: May 19 2007, 03:45 PM

buffmod

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 09:04:00 AM »

Hi, working nme1.1 installed, network cutoff connected, spring update three days ago, playing ORIGINAL games on LIVE, no ban, no problems so far.   Game On.

Bigal344

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 07:30:00 AM »

Just a quick question on this subject of banning, sorry if its already been mentioned elsewhere!!
Do we think that the possible issue of M$ banning us comes from chipped/modded/backups being used to play on LIVE or is just being signed in enough.
I ask because i'm looking at getting an NME 1.2 fitted, but i haven't got a gold membership and don't play online.
 uhh.gif

Bigal344

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 09:32:00 AM »

Sorry to hear bout that mate,i honestly don't think that any method of playing backups will be 100% safe for 100% of the time, we all know what Bill's like for releasing patchs and security updates for his software, and with each new 'stealth' or 'hidden' chip or firmware mod, its only a matter of time before M$ catch on and issue an update to detect it, just my opinion mind, i'm by no means an expert!!! jester.gif

On this subject though, does anyone know howw many people are getting banned using modded firmware as opposed to hard mods??

Also how do M$ ban you, is it as mentioned elsewhere, that they ban your IP address from connecting to XBOX LIVE or do they ban you through a serial number supplied by your console itself when you sign in?? unsure.gif

Anybody know???

MarkyBoy

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 04:51:00 AM »

BigAl,

the ban is against the Serial ID of the console, once banned the console will never again connect to live, however your account is fine, you can recover your gamertag on any other 360 and it will be fine, or just put your hard drive on another 360 and it will be fine, it is just the console that is banned. and yes I do know this for a fact as my 2nd 360 is fine.

sncboom2k

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »

NME 1.2 - BANNED

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 11:38:00 AM »

No more discussion about backups on live plse read the rules, there will be no more warning,

posts removed

-soso