xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: All Burnt Media Has Stopped Working  (Read 55 times)

mikehenya

• Archived User
All Burnt Media Has Stopped Working
« on: April 06, 2007, 04:47:00 PM »

I hope this is the right place to post this, I got closed out of the DVD technical forum.

First off, not a newb, and have searched for 3 days with no luck. After installing the NME I adjusted the pots and rails to the point where ALL backups booted flawlessly and would play for hours. Has worked great for a month now. Suddenly all burnt media has stopped working! I have tried the rubber band trick, pot adjustment, even rail adjustment. Starts up (first 2 seconds) then either freezes system or just starts clicking. I can still play any original 360 game, movie or music cds perfectly but my backed up movies or games have stopped working.

Here is the setup:
Samsung drive
NME 1.2
Verbatim DL media burnt at 1x (some at 2.4)
pot was best at 3.50 (have tried several this week from the original  4.2 down to 2.9)
Laser is obviously not dead since originals work.

Keep in mind, it has worked flawlessly for a month before this. Anyone have a similar experience?
 Thanks

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »

Is your chip still working properly?  Hopefully it hasn't somehow burnt out.

By that I mean the NME chip

ydgmms

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 04:00:00 PM »

samsunsg usually dont require a pot adjustment.

it may be the chip. loose wire/dead chip.

mmm good luck i gots my own problems (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 02:19:00 PM »

As crazy as it sounds, it could be the laser.  I had a Samsung drive in one of my 360's and at first it would crap out through playing originals, then it wouldnt play originals any more, (though it played movies and cds perfectly).  Then it stopped playing movies, then it stopped playing CDs.  The point is, the lasers seem to crap out ever so slowly.

Anyway, it is worth a shot getting a new laser because on eBay there is a store that sells them for $15 plus $6 for shipping.  $21 is definately worth the shot at saving your modded dvd drive.  (Just make sure you buy the laser that is in your DVD Drive because there are 2 different versions and you need the right one!)