xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nme1.2 Why Is The 470 Coil There ?  (Read 122 times)

*Ricey*

• Archived User
Nme1.2 Why Is The 470 Coil There ?
« on: March 11, 2007, 10:53:00 AM »

installed the chip in the samsung Tosh

470 coil in place, if it needs removing what do i do warm it up with the solder gun and remove and leave or do i need to add the 220 coil please help

newbie and need guidance

*Ricey*

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 03:06:00 PM »

ok cheers so far

jumper explain i can follow the diagrams on various sites but im not upto scratch with jumpering ??

run it from the coil to where ? why do i have a 220 coil in the packet

*Ricey*

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »

im not fussed about xbox live cus i have silver membership at the moment so no real problem

planning to use my 48hr card see if its cool and then go from there - if i get banned so be it there my backups and the scratching problem is a pain in the ase frankly

ydgmms

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 06:02:00 PM »

The 220 coil is there for Hitachi xxDJ drives. For samsung drives you don't need it. THOUGH, one retailer suggests removing the 470 coil and replacing it with that 220 coil. Others suggest removing the coil and shorting the points.

As far as the LED function. I don't know what people are doing to get errors with it. I install an NME1.2 on a Samsung - it failed to work. I installed the LED function to see if the chip was activating, it was not. Then I found the remove 470 fix. All I did was remove 470. And the chip worked, and the LED would turn fof with a backup and stay on with an original.... So... take that for what its worth. But it was *NOT* a problem for me.

I would remove the 470 coil completely, then solder a wire between the two points. Test it. If it works, awesome, close it up. I'm pretty sure it will work. If it doesn't try putting the 220 coil in the 470 coils place.

As far as the NetworkOff feature, I dont know.

goofy173

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 06:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(ydgmms @ Mar 11 2007, 07:09 PM) View Post

The 220 coil is there for Hitachi xxDJ drives. For samsung drives you don't need it.

I would remove the 470 coil completely, then solder a wire between the two points. Test it. If it works, awesome, close it up. I'm pretty sure it will work. If it doesn't try putting the 220 coil in the 470 coils place.

Mine from mod-chip.com did not have a 220 in the packet.

If I leave the jumper on mine, it won't run originals unless I let it set for several minutes turned off. Not sure why but I would guess it's dissipating voltage stored in a capacitor somewhere.

ydgmms

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 06:26:00 PM »

I reiterate, remove the 470 coil completely and solder a wire in its place.

You may have to turn the xbox off and back on to 'reset' the chip. But you shouldn't have to leave it off for a few minutes.

I say again. Installed - removed 470 - put wire in its place - with LEDoff function - chip works. A quick reboot may be needed to reset the chip, but the chip works every time.

goofy173

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 06:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(ydgmms @ Mar 11 2007, 07:33 PM) View Post

I reiterate, remove the 470 coil completely and solder a wire in its place.

I did that originally and it didn't work any different than jumpering across the coil. I'm just trying to make it work as advertised.

The coil in this case is used to resist changes in current. Jumpering across the coil disables the coil, making it a dead short.

*Ricey*

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 04:04:00 AM »

need to purchase a samsung drive to sort my backups out, my tiger woods 07 is starting to give me a few problems with dirty or damage disc black screen

so proberly a good time to get it done