xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help With Surreal 64, Please!  (Read 76 times)

gloworm

• Archived User
Help With Surreal 64, Please!
« on: February 01, 2004, 11:57:00 AM »

OK i've read the tutorial posted above and asked around in IRC channels (like anyone answers those). Here's my problem, I have surreal 64 installed on my xbox hd and want to run my roms off of a CD. I'm using CD-RW's and my xbox does read them. Now I put all my roms into a folder named Roms and that in a folder named Roms. I then make the root folder a iso called Roms. So it's like this:
Roms.iso>Roms(folder)>.v64 roms
Then I burn it with Nero 5 by going to File>Burn Image>(browse for Roms.iso) and burn it at 2x speed. Then I boot up the xbox and insert the CD and load surreal and hit refresh and no roms show up! I can see them on the CD using boxplorer and stuff but surreal 64 just won't read them. I've changed the surreal.ini file to read A:\Roms as well as leaving it at the defualt which was D:\Roms. I've even tried burning them as a data CD not as a .iso, and tried just having the roms in folder called Roms and burning that as a .iso with no subfolder. NOTHING WORKS...blah I'm very stressed about it and really want to get it too work. SO please anyone that can help please do so! Thanks very much in advance.

*G*

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 01:36:00 PM »

Hope someone replies with a good answer cause I've been wondering the same thing myself.  By the way....did you try using XISO to make your iso image?

gloworm

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2004, 04:31:00 PM »

Yes I'm using SimpleXISOv03 to make the .iso files. I also have a xenium chip if that makes any difference.

GaijinPunch

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »

Now I put all my roms into a folder named Roms and that in a folder named Roms.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're doing that, and then burning them, wouldn't that path be:
A:/Roms/Roms ?

Why not use some tool (or something like XBMP) that shows you the absolute path as you browse a CD/DVD so you can confirm?

This post has been edited by GaijinPunch on Feb 2 2004, 03:04 AM

Iriez

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2004, 07:57:00 PM »

You need to put your .zip (roms) files into a folder called roms. Then you need to open up simplexiso and choose that folder and it will create a .iso.

Burn it however you wish.

Make the surreal.ini A:\\Roms and make sure thats the way it is in the /E/Tdata/ location.

Load and refresh.

If you need further assistance reply to the help thread as i specifically asked.