xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Divx Recorder...  (Read 96 times)

Doomangel

• Archived User
Divx Recorder...
« on: March 15, 2005, 02:42:00 PM »

<_< Im new to the forums but i am wondering if it's possible to make a xbox divx recorder tha records anything on the tv screen... Then saves it in a Divx file.. I'm not a big programmer so don't flame me if it's a stupid question... :P <

tNCecil

• Archived User
Divx Recorder...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 04:29:00 PM »

As of right now, the only way to do it I believe is using the XDK's video recorder, which still doesnt go onto the xbox. I dont think a xbox has enough RAM to handle both something recoding a video into divx in the background and playing a game.

Hope that helps, trying to get it in before crazy people post :) <

shakaru

• Archived User
Divx Recorder...
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 07:43:00 AM »

I dont think a xbox has enough RAM to handle both something recoding a video into divx in the background and playing a game.

Lets not forget that the xbox can only have one process at a time so the idea of a background task is out of the question. But to be honest, the idea of just recording live tv is possible on 64mb of ram. All that would have to be done though is record the tv as a mpg file (mpeg 1 should be fine for normal tv and mpeg 2 for hdtv) and then just have the xbox convert it to divx once you hit stop.
You would just need a large hdd for it. <