xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Need A Dvd Key (lost) Or Cpu Key - 2 Xboxes - 1 With Working Dvd Key  (Read 64 times)

zurie

• Archived User

ok before I ask here is what I have.

1) A no longer working RROD 360 with a Hitachi DVD drive (47 or 48 i forget) I have the ORIGINAL.bin and modified .bin firmware files iXtreme, etc..  

2) a JTAGGED 360 which I bought from a guy, who does not know the CPU key DVD Key or anything...  the DVD drive is borked.  It plays DVD movies but does NOT play retail discs or backups.

The JTAG xbox does have xex menu, i can FTP in and I have access to the Flash drive and etc, but when you look inside the xbox (physically) I don't see a LTP port or anything in there??

When you boot up by pressing eject I get the blue linux screen that dumps abunch of information on the screen, but since I am new to the JTAG setup I don't exactly know what this all does...  but i can say the DVD key is NOT on the blue screen I am pulling a error somewhere and it doesn't give me the key.

OK...  so i have excellent soldering skills....  so what should I do to take these 2 xboxes and make 1 working JTAGed xbox?

I have thought about getting a programmer... desoldering the TSOP and extracting it.. but what are my chances that the DVD drive still has the correct key hidden in there?  could there be a chance the guy flashed the drive incorrectly and lost the key forever? or is the original key stored somewhere deep inside the TSOP and usually it can be pulled.

2) what about the CPU key and NAND... would it be better to change the NAND to use the DVD key from my other drive?  I have a original.bin key of my first xbox with the RROD so I know that DVD drive key already...  

is it possible to reflash the NAND with "that" key? and then just a simple swap and im ready to roll?  they are both Hitachi DVD drives...   but like I said, I don't see any LTP port or any extra wires in the JTAG so I am not sure how i can flash it or what I would use to flash?  remember I am new to the JTAG setup?  Could I use Flash60?  or some flashing software internally on the 360 JTAG to reflash the NAND with my DVD key from the drive that I know ?

or am i safer to pull the DVD drive.. from the JTAG (the drive doesn't work anyway) attempt to pull the TSOP off - which I am confident I can do - and buy a programmer / adpater and attempt to get the KEY.  Then when I have the key I can reflash it, reinstall the TSOP and link it back up... and if it still doesn't work, I can spoof my other DVD drive with the key I extracted and try that drive?

and remember I dont have a nand or anything from the JTAG... can i get that out of the JTAG via FTP or do i have to downgrade and deal with all those crazy steps to even obtain a nand.bin and the CPU key, KV.bin etc...

basically options... what option?  since I am new on the JTAG I am not as confident as I am on things I know about... I really really really don't wanna ruin the JTAG and then be stuck with 2 non working xboxes.. at least right now I can run unsigned code on a JTAG but without being able to run RETAIL DVD games.... which I have a bunch of retail discs that are now useless.

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
I Need A Dvd Key (lost) Or Cpu Key - 2 Xboxes - 1 With Working Dvd Key
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »

Wow, is this post available in paperback?

Here is what you need to do.

Find Flash360 and put it on a usb stick.
Run flash 360 using xexmenu
Dump the nand to the usb stick. (it is so easy!!! takes 10 seconds maybe)
Turn on machine with eject and write down the cpu key. FYI, the cpu key is lines 4 and 5 combined.
Open 360_Flash_Tool_v0.94 on your PC and go to keys and enter the cpukey. Then open the nand dump from your usb stick and you will now have the dvdkey.

Using Jungleflasher make a custom firmware with the dvdkey you got and you can use the drive that is already in it or use the hitachi you have, it doesn't matter.

Sorry but no soldering will be required to fix this problem (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by syntaxerror329: Sep 7 2010, 07:22 PM

zurie

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 12:30:00 PM »

this post is available as a PDF, paper is dead.. its all digital now!

ok..  sounds good.  I am at work so I won't be able to try until tonight.   When I run the linux blue screen with the eject button it scrolls up pretty quick.  Is there a .txt dump of that screen somewhere? or do I need to get a camera out and start snapping pics of it?  also  if the drive is borked (i don't know whats wrong with it) will I be able to flash it with the new key? even if i don't have the original bin, or I would just use the bins provided in jungleflasher and replace my key and be good to go?  am i incorrect in the understanding that you have to flash your drive to original first, and then reflash it to the new firmware...

so your saying once i Have my dvd key, flashing it to original isn't a problem since I can just open the provided original bins, paste in my key, and flash it back to stock?  then from there I can figure out what I want to do.

also.. side question.  so your saying Flash360 is my new baby?  this is what i'd use to flash new dashboards and other stuff to my nand without the need of the LTP port? etc..  so the LTP is just for the initial flash / JTAG?  because I have another motherboard coming for my first dead RROD box and im going to JTAG that one as well

zurie

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »

IT WORKED!!!!

ok I got the CPU key and then did exactly what you said and out popped the DVD Key needed for the motherboard.

So then I loaded up the DVD Drive in Jungleflasher and to my surprise it wasn't a borked drive... just the wrong drive with the wrong key! so I spoofed the correct key into place and flashed it and VOILA! I am able to recognize all my games now!

Thank you so much!!!

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 09:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(zurie @ Sep 7 2010, 02:30 PM) View Post

so your saying Flash360 is my new baby?  this is what i'd use to flash new dashboards and other stuff to my nand without the need of the LTP port? etc..  so the LTP is just for the initial flash / JTAG?  because I have another motherboard coming for my first dead RROD box and im going to JTAG that one as well

Yes, the LPT is only needed for the first flash. Of course if something went wrong updating it then it would be needed again but as long as you know what your doing then flash360 will be able to update you when new versions of FreeBOOT come out.

You did a great job. I gave you very basic info and you made it happen.

Congrats.

So i assume you have XBR 8955 dash on there. Now you might want to update it to FreeBOOT .32 9199 and Xellous.

zurie

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 09:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Sep 7 2010, 11:13 PM) *

So i assume you have XBR 8955 dash on there. Now you might want to update it to FreeBOOT .32 9199 and Xellous.

will this work?

Easy XBR to Freeboot

also...

the instructions say "After the nand making process is complete, flash the file "updflash.bin" found in the bin
folder (the folder that the app opens when the nand making is complete) with flash360 using a flash drive."

My xbox can't recognize flash drives because its not 9199... can I do that from the internal HD?  I have a .iso of XeXMenu should i boot from that and use the HD, or can i boot from the HD and use XeXmenu from the HD to launch Flash360

also.. i assume from reading that once I am on 9199 I can then apply M$ update 9199 and it won't flash my box or blow fuses (assuming I don't have the bridge to protect updates) because it already thinks I am on 9199 so it just applies the avatar update?

zurie

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 10:57:00 PM »

ok! I used freeBOOT ToolBox 0.032 Maker v2.4 by BestPig

easy as pie! Now officially on 9199 dashboard!!

now I have the black avatars... so I will research how to correctly apply the 9199 avatar update...

still nervous I will blow my fuses but I assume thats not going to happen smile.gif

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 07:07:00 AM »

Download the official 9199 system update and put it on a USB drive or FTP it to your 360's HDD, then just boot the console with the device attached. It'll say it's going to install the system update - don't shit your pants, just install it. You already have the 9199 dash, so it will just put the avatars on your hard drive.

zurie

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 07:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(brandogg @ Sep 8 2010, 09:07 AM) *

Download the official 9199 system update and put it on a USB drive or FTP it to your 360's HDD, then just boot the console with the device attached. It'll say it's going to install the system update - don't shit your pants, just install it. You already have the 9199 dash, so it will just put the avatars on your hard drive.

thanks for your reply! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)  I figured it out immediately after I posted my original message (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)  I was shitting my pants because the update takes so long it looks like M$ is just blowing fuses (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)  I will probably take the board out and bridge RT63 if its not already bridged... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

now to reasearch how to  update from xel to xellous (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 07:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(zurie @ Sep 8 2010, 09:14 AM) View Post

I will probably take the board out and bridge RT63 if its not already bridged... smile.gif

now to reasearch how to  update from xel to xellous smile.gif

If you updated to FreeBOOT using freeboot toolbox then you already have Xellous.

You either Remove R6T3 or bridge these point.
IPB Image