xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Erased Firmware Before Dumping Keys  (Read 32 times)

DJay360

• Archived User
Erased Firmware Before Dumping Keys
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 07:10:00 AM »

It sounds like he wants to try/learn.  He has started by attempting to flash and failed.  Hopefully he's learned from his mistakes and now he is spending the time to read up and learn how to JTAG.

I say GO FOR IT!  The reward you will get after doing all this yourself will be worth it even if it takes a week to do!

*Although you have seen only a slight taste of the disasterous effects if you do be careful.  JTAG'in as people have mentioned is a whole new ball game to read, read, read again and make sure you pay attention to all warnings and advice!

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(Pet1 @ Feb 10 2010, 10:29 PM) View Post

I've just finished the jtag.  Made the cable and all the connections.  I added the 5 resistors to the lpt cable.  How do I know if it worked?  If I have the printer cable connected to the 360. Is it supposed to boot or not?  Cause I have it plugged into the 360 but not the computer yet and it still boots.

I think you still should do lots of reading before you go any further.

The LPT cable is only needed to read your nand and flash xell/xbr to your nand. Once you have that done then you can remove the cable and do the jtag wiring. Once you have xell/xbr flashed to your nand all you need is the jtag wiring in place.

This thread is moving away from "Technical DVD-ROM and Modified DVD Firmware" to something in the line of "Technical Onboard Bios / Kernel / Dashboard"

You would get better help for your jtag if you posted your jtag questions HERE.

JaXxYn

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 06:22:00 AM »

Right click on Port95NT.exe and go to properties.

Make it run in Windows XP SP2 compatability mode.

Then Re-Install.

Reboot - and start dumping smile.gif

Pet1

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 12:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(farntheplaya @ Feb 9 2010, 05:02 AM) View Post

considering that this guy erased his drive without reading it. dont think its possible for him to figure out how to jtag.

find someone else to do it and save the 10 hours it will take you to figure it out

Flashing XBR to nand as we speak.  Thanx for the motivation.  wink.gif
Pages: 1 [2]