xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Erased Firmware Before Dumping Keys  (Read 34 times)

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
Erased Firmware Before Dumping Keys
« on: February 06, 2010, 04:36:00 PM »

The drive can be saved. Flash some firmware on it.

The 360 is only good for a DVD player unless by some chance you have the old blades style dashboard on it. If so you can learn how to do the jtag hack and get the key from the motherboard.

If you have the NXE dash then there is currently no way of getting the key back. Say a prayer that the great hacker gods find a way to expliot the newer kernals.

Actually the first version version of the NXE dash can be jtaged as well. Go into system settings and see what kernal version you have. if its 2.0.7xxx then there is a chance this can be saved but its not gonna be easy.

If its 2.0.8xxx then start praying.

saleem_hacks_360s

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 04:37:00 PM »

if its new or been on xbox live recently you cant as the motherboards kernel wont be exploitable.if it dosnt have an exploitable kernel keep it by all means but,you need new 360.

smile.gif

Pet1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 05:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Feb 7 2010, 12:36 AM) View Post

The drive can be saved. Flash some firmware on it.

The 360 is only good for a DVD player unless by some chance you have the old blades style dashboard on it. If so you can learn how to do the jtag hack and get the key from the motherboard.

If you have the NXE dash then there is currently no way of getting the key back. Say a prayer that the great hacker gods find a way to expliot the newer kernals.

Actually the first version version of the NXE dash can be jtaged as well. Go into system settings and see what kernal version you have. if its 2.0.7xxx then there is a chance this can be saved but its not gonna be easy.

If its 2.0.8xxx then start praying.

Thank You for the response.  How can I tell which dash I have.  I'm a 360 newb.  Also, can you explain to me how I can go about putting a new firmware on the drive since the bios on the computer and windows doesn't detect it.  Thanx again.

I just realized that I have the blades style dashboard.  It be great if you can explain how I can go about and fix this.

flash360

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »

You need to jtag it. It requires some soldering and some complex software hacking, look up free60 on google theres some cool stuff you can do with a jtagd box but as you managed to delete your firmware without getting the key first I really think you got no chance. If you do manage to do it however you will earn some respect back  laugh.gif
Im in the uk if you want to pay someone else to fix it £30 plus you pay postage both ways.
oh and it will have xbr tongue.gif

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 06:49:00 PM »

I honestly don't see how someone can eras a firmware without first getting the drive key. I mean Jungle Flasher pops up with warning to stop a person from doing such a thing. I take it you didn't even bother to read any of them?

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 07:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(Pet1 @ Feb 6 2010, 09:39 PM) View Post

Hi.  I just came back from a modder and he reflashed the drive for me with a different key.  Obviously, that's not gonna let me play any games.  He basically unbricked the drive for me.  He was unable to inject a key.  He said jtagging it would take a long time and may not work.  What can I do at this point.  Thanx again.

What dashboard version does your console have?

Pet1

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 08:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Feb 7 2010, 03:48 AM) View Post

What dashboard version does your console have?

I have the older blades dashboard.

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(Pet1 @ Feb 6 2010, 10:04 PM) View Post

I have the older blades dashboard.

All consoles with blades dash can be jtagged.
Honestly, if you erased your drive before getting the key i don't think jtagging is for you.
It's a miracle that you are lucky enough to have the blades dash. If not your box was destroyed.

If you don't care about xbox live you should get xbreboot installed at same time as jtag is being done.

I would be happy to fix all this for you if you want to ship it to Canada. Ranger probably knows how to fix this too and he is in the USA.

PM either one of us if you want some hired help. If you are determined to do it yourself then jtag stuff is in another forum.

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 08:21:00 PM »

HERE is a good place to start with your jtag/xbr research.

syntaxerror329

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 11:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Pet1 @ Feb 7 2010, 11:47 PM) View Post

Will the Cygnos V2.0 allow me to do this as well?  I just read about it.

Yes but now you are making things even harder and more expensive for yourself. Just install xell or xbreboot.

Pet1

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(syntaxerror329 @ Feb 8 2010, 07:25 AM) View Post

Yes but now you are making things even harder and more expensive for yourself. Just install xell or xbreboot.

Thanx for all the responses.  I've been doing a lot of reading with the links you provided.  I even came across a few others on some others forums.  I'm just a little confused about the xell and xbr part.  Will the xbr method automatically take the dvdkey from the nand dump?  Or do I have to use xell and then jungle flasher to manually type in the keys.  I'm about to head to radio shack and grab the things I need.  Thanx again.

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 04:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(Pet1 @ Feb 8 2010, 05:36 PM) View Post

Thanx for all the responses.  I've been doing a lot of reading with the links you provided.  I even came across a few others on some others forums.  I'm just a little confused about the xell and xbr part.  Will the xbr method automatically take the dvdkey from the nand dump?  Or do I have to use xell and then jungle flasher to manually type in the keys.  I'm about to head to radio shack and grab the things I need.  Thanx again.

You will have to boot into xell to get the CPU and DVD key. Once you have the CPU key you can use this to decrypt your nands key vault as well. Once you have your drive key you can then manually inject it into the correct firmware for your drive using Jungle Flasher.

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 06:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(Pet1 @ Feb 8 2010, 06:56 PM) View Post

Where do I get the drive key from?  Is the drive key the cpu key?  Could you just explain this a bit more.  Thanx again.

By booting xell the screen will display the CPU and DVD key. Have a camera at the ready when you boot xell and snap a pic of the screen when it shows the DVD and CPU key. Then you can look at the pic and type in the DVD key into Jungle Flasher.

CPU key is different from the DVD key. You can use the CPU key to decrypt the key vault.

lord^infamous

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »

I can't believe people still do this.

Analyzer52

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 12:31:00 AM »

have someone else do it you are in over your head you really need to listen to the advise given here.
Pages: [1] 2