xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 1.4 And A Bricked Samsung Ms28?  (Read 104 times)

ViNYLMANiAC

• Archived User
1.4 And A Bricked Samsung Ms28?
« on: December 10, 2007, 01:01:00 PM »

hey,
i've been experiencing unwanted problems here, earlier this day i've downloaded ixtreme 1.4, and thought why not to upgrade my samsung ms28 drive to the latest? maybe i will play some gow after that. i've done this before (upgr from 1.2c to 1.3) and had no probz, but this time the patcher froze on 2% and i had to restart it, since then the dvd drive doen't spin up. when I try to flash original or the new firmware i get
CODE

Port: EC00, master\slave .....
flash type: ....
Erasing........ Chip Erase...

and here he can stand all day, it doesn't want to erase, nor flash my drive, what can i do?
cheers

P.S. yes i do have the orig firmware

This post has been edited by ViNYLMANiAC: Dec 10 2007, 09:02 PM

Harbinger076

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 01:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(ViNYLMANiAC @ Dec 10 2007, 02:01 PM) View Post

hey,
i've been experiencing unwanted problems here, earlier this day i've downloaded ixtreme 1.4, and thought why not to upgrade my samsung ms28 drive to the latest? maybe i will play some gow after that. i've done this before (upgr from 1.2c to 1.3) and had no probz, but this time the patcher froze on 2% and i had to restart it, since then the dvd drive doen't spin up. when I try to flash original or the new firmware i get
CODE

Port: EC00, master\slave .....
flash type: ....
Erasing........ Chip Erase...

and here he can stand all day, it doesn't want to erase, nor flash my drive, what can i do?
cheers

P.S. yes i do have the orig firmware

www.topmicrousa.com   they carry replacement new MS28 drives.. get one i think i paid $40
dump your original fw drive key and put it into your hacked fw .. flash the new ms28 problem solved..

ViNYLMANiAC

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »

there is nothing i can do? i heard of people having similar problems but the didn't have the orig.bin file so they bricked their drive, well i do have, i can't be that worse...

Antman1

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(ViNYLMANiAC @ Dec 10 2007, 10:21 PM) View Post

there is nothing i can do? i heard of people having similar problems but the didn't have the orig.bin file so they bricked their drive, well i do have, i can't be that worse...

10 second method will fix your problem with a VIA Chipset or the 2 wire trick.  Samsung drives can be fixed.  dont give up so easily.

ViNYLMANiAC

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 07:35:00 AM »

i will search for it, and yes i've got a vt6421a card and a 8237 motherboard chipset

ViNYLMANiAC

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 08:28:00 AM »

i used some threads and did some things
th 10 second method is the bad flash method? used that chip erase and everything stops... tried just turn on, press 2 on my key (2 is drive) have nothing too
also used XBM as told to me that gave me almost nothing, why almost?
well i got to the flashing process but it went like
CODE
bank01 22% failed..
bank02 44% failed..
bank 03 56%.....

somthing like that, in other time i get
Erasing......Chip Erase...
when i try to delete or try to flash.
Whe i try to read the fimware it goes like
reading..01% and stops there...

ViNYLMANiAC

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »

okay, figured it out myself...
all these times i was trying to flash with the vt 6421a card, which gave me absolutely no good conclusions, now i thought, why not to use my vt8237, so there i go, made a bootable flash with iprep 0.0.6 and went flashing, and what did i get? success!! restored to orig bin, then reflashed to a 1.4 ixtreme @ 12x. working perfectly (at least boots my halo1, 2 orig and forza 2 backup, i tryied only these atm).. dunno what's wrong with the sata card, i was unable to flash a benq drive with it too.... so i went to a friend with nforce 4 mobo and worked perfectly

conclusion
looks like best way to flash a samsung with a mobo chipset
hitachi with the card (6421)
benq with the mobo (nforce4)

looks like this universal 6421 card is just a piece of crap... or it is something wrong in configs or so...

thanks to all who tryied to help me ^^ peace

avinitski

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 11:23:00 AM »

well done ViNYLMANiAC for not only not giving up but for figuring it out yourself and doing research.

ViNYLMANiAC

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 03:01:00 PM »

thx, now all i want is to get an answer from some tools developers, and even maybe to help them, as the methods which are described, do not always work or as some people say that tutorials can differ from one pc to another, this (and not only my experiance) maybe can help out some people or even to fix a bug in the tools

silentshadow03

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 06:06:00 AM »

okay i don't know if  i bricked my drive but iwas installing thr firmware went throught the prcoess...
i dumped my firmware and when i was abvout to actually flash the drive some error message showed up so i turned off my xbox and Pc

now when i turn on my xbox it flashes only green it keeps blinking like the disc tray whats to come out but it wont?
can you fix my problem? or did i brick my drive cuz i also deleted my orig.bin file becuase i formatted my floppy disc with 12x 1.4f/w

ViNYLMANiAC

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 07:25:00 AM »

same as me, flashing light and the drive doesn't spin up, right? try flashing again with your orig.bin using command
CODE
mtkflash w /m /sata orig.bin
btw which sata controlle do you have? if u are using a card to flash, and you do have a mobo sata chipset, try using that too. As i do not know the program, i didn't write it and i'm not very good at programming, i think there is a bug in the soft. At various configs it could be acting different.

P.S. I think i flashed badly newest firmware because i forgot to take out the disc from dvd drive, i took it later after launching the xbox, but why it couldn't reflash my dvd rom after restart and various checks (using VIA card) i dunno

P.P.S. i've got a friend, he flashed some boxes and restored firmware, after i told him that i've restored my firmware with the mobo (vt8237) he said "mobo is via too? of course you needed to flash with the motherboards chipset if it is via" I didn't rly understand...

and the answer to the question - NO you haven't bricked it, you do have the the orig firmware. It's just that your firmware that is currently in the dvd rom is broken or invalid, because it didn't deleted\flashed till the end, i thought i bricked mine too....seems you can't do that by reflashing badly

This post has been edited by ViNYLMANiAC: Dec 12 2007, 03:29 PM

silentshadow03

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 09:05:00 AM »

okay i have a ms28 and im using a vt 6421a card,
i went through the updating to ixtreme 1.4 using 1prep
buh now i can't even play any games on my 360 not even originals
wat can i do
and i also deleted my original bin file

ViNYLMANiAC

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 09:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(silentshadow03 @ Dec 12 2007, 06:05 PM) View Post

okay i have a ms28 and im using a vt 6421a card,
i went through the updating to ixtreme 1.4 using 1prep
buh now i can't even play any games on my 360 not even originals
wat can i do
and i also deleted my original bin file

now that's a bricked drive! i dunno what to do, if there's a way.... but in this case i think you have made a big mistake....

silentshadow03

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 09:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(ViNYLMANiAC @ Dec 12 2007, 11:45 AM) View Post

now that's a bricked drive! i dunno what to do, if there's a way.... but in this case i think you have made a big mistake....

okay soo if thats teh case cant i not just put back on teh original firmware?
Like it aint a big deal to me to spend about 40$ for a next drive if you have a site i can go to that would be great

ViNYLMANiAC

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 05:48:00 AM »

u see, if u don't have orig.bin even buying a new dvd rom will not help, u need the orig bin
Pages: [1] 2