xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Regarding Downloaded Backups.  (Read 27 times)

McNob

• Archived User
Regarding Downloaded Backups.
« on: July 27, 2007, 05:58:00 AM »

If I download a "backup" from the likes of newsgroups etc. is it still likely to need SS patching ?  The reason I ask is that I'm yet to update the firmware on my 360 but I wanna know just what is involved before I get it all done.

If I need a SS.BIN for a game I don't actually own, is there a place to get them ?

Thanks and sorry if I'm out of line but please tell me.

torne

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 07:15:00 AM »

Saying "Sorry if this is out of line" is not getting you out of reading the clearly posted rules stickied at the top of every forum.

Your "backup" discussion is not allowed, full stop. Only genuine backups of games you own are tolerated here.

sosotiit

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 08:18:00 AM »

Yes you are out of line, but you should read the rules instead of asking that!!! trying to talk hypothetically is not changing what you are trying to do.

Be advised that we strictly enforce X-S rules against piracy (and/or downloaded material).

thread closed,
-soso

QUOTE(From the Rules @ Jan 23 2007)

Some of the Zero Tolerance Ban issues.. expanded and explained:
Posts, Avatars, Signatures, and Threads that will earn (guarantee) the user a BAN on their account includes:
  • Posting/Requesting/Offering direct or indirect links to Xbox Game Roms/Backups (on media, including Hard drives or burned media, RAR or Zip File, for download or for sale), MS Dashboard Files, and any kind of (direct, indirect, or Kazaa or Torrent type) link to Xbox XDK/Sony SDK Produced Homebrew
  • Asking for help with downloaded or rented game backups. This site is not here to help people with their warez, regardless of how they have acquired them.
  • …
    WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED
    Any Talk of downloading games from the internet, newsgroups or any other illegal source. Any talk of downloading SS (copyright ) from the same. Don't spout the old crap I own the game so I can legally download. NO You can not and more to the point don't discuss downloads here, if you wish to keep your account

This post has been edited by sosotiit: Jul 27 2007, 03:25 PM