xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Status Code: 53-c00df238  (Read 50 times)

orashev

• Archived User
Status Code: 53-c00df238
« on: November 27, 2008, 02:34:00 AM »

Hello Everyone!

I am not sure if this was mentioned before, I have tryed to search the forum, but didn't find any results, so let me start my story.

As you all now the new NXE is released. Before that I was playing all my videos, music, pictures perfectly sharing from my PC. I have XP-Pro SP3, I am using WMP11 to share it. Couple days later after the update I get this error message:

"The connection to your computer was lost.
Make sure your computer is turned on,
connected to your network, and running
media sharing software.
Status code: 53-C00DF239"

After update in the beginning all my videos, music was playing just fine. One day I came home downloaded
new episode of Heroes, put into the folder where I share my videos. I open it on 360 press play starts to buffer, couple seconds later I get that message. I tried everyting. Resterted my PC and 360 no luck. Opened WMP11 denyed sharing to 360, and allowed back still problem. The funny thing is Xbox sees my PC, and all the files in sharing folder but it just don't play them. I even tryed closing anti-virus program, disabled all firewall. After that I reformatted the PC, again started sharing files through WMP11, it worked for couple of hours, and again same problem. I have no idea what is causing this.

I would appreciate any suggestions, help... ect.