xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dyne:trax..how To Boot From Hd?  (Read 157 times)

malacai

• Archived User
Dyne:trax..how To Boot From Hd?
« on: March 28, 2004, 02:02:00 AM »

its says it posible to have /dyne directory folder inside the root
of your partition (i.e. c:\) so it can be alot faster... ivé tryed to put that dir in like e:.. but no progress... ive read the manual and have found none about running from an xbox harddisk!... so if anyone knows how to do.. let me know =)

benknefelkamp

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 04:16:00 PM »

i was trying to find a tutorial on the same thing. I tryed installing it on the e:/ drive and it loaded the black text screen but failed to load dynebolic.

loji

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 12:08:00 PM »

I got it working .... but I'm sure there has got to be a better way  :-P

You need to copy /dyne to E:

copy the default.xbe to the ROOT of E:\
copy the linuxboot file to the ROOT of E:\
copy the dynsys file (500MB) to the ROOT of E:\

So basically you'r putting the system file (dynsys 500+MB) in two places ... seems like a waste to me .. but it will work when you try to run the .xbe from evox. You should be able to boot right into dynebolic ::

the resolution kinda sucks... it's at 800x600.. and is small type::: looks like a computer monitor on yoru TV, so it can be hard to read smaller type.  but you can fit alot of information at once on the screen

Windowmaker crashes when viewing conescutive images on the net.
Non-linear video editing halts Xbox  (64MB of ram just isn't enough I gues)?
MOzilla BLOWS!  It takes forever to load the web browser.  Luckily there is a smaller one pre-installed. (really QuiCK!)

it'll auto mount all your drives !    So you can move files around on your Xbox right form dynebolic :::  thier not in the same order, but it;s easy enough to click on teh HD icons on the side to find out which partition is which.

If anyone knows how to fix that problem of havign to copy the system file twice... post it .....

malacai

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 10:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (loji @ Apr 1 2004, 08:08 PM)
I got it working .... but I'm sure there has got to be a better way  :-P

You need to copy /dyne to E:

copy the default.xbe to the ROOT of E:\
copy the linuxboot file to the ROOT of E:\
copy the dynsys file (500MB) to the ROOT of E:\

So basically you'r putting the system file (dynsys 500+MB) in two places ... seems like a waste to me .. but it will work when you try to run the .xbe from evox. You should be able to boot right into dynebolic ::

the resolution kinda sucks... it's at 800x600.. and is small type::: looks like a computer monitor on yoru TV, so it can be hard to read smaller type.  but you can fit alot of information at once on the screen

Windowmaker crashes when viewing conescutive images on the net.
Non-linear video editing halts Xbox  (64MB of ram just isn't enough I gues)?
MOzilla BLOWS!  It takes forever to load the web browser.  Luckily there is a smaller one pre-installed. (really QuiCK!)

it'll auto mount all your drives !    So you can move files around on your Xbox right form dynebolic :::  thier not in the same order, but it;s easy enough to click on teh HD icons on the side to find out which partition is which.

If anyone knows how to fix that problem of havign to copy the system file twice... post it .....

ahhh thx man!.. i will give it a go! =)

loji

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2004, 04:23:00 PM »

Great man ... let me know how it goes :::: Want to be sure it's not only my setup that i smaking it work ...

loji

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 07:48:00 PM »

there is a new version of Dyne:bolic out today  (april 21)

1.3 says it fixed some problems with the docking and nesting... so docking Dyne in an Xbox might work as anticipated now..