xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pandora Radio  (Read 110 times)

dhillis

• Archived User
Pandora Radio
« on: November 09, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »

I've looked around and can't find anything.  I have an unmodded 360 and want to know if there is a way to play pandora radio on the xbox so I can listen to it through my surrond sound.  I have my 360 networked to my laptop and another computer in the office.  I have also downloaded the add-on pandora's jar.  It would also be ok if the 360 played all sound from one computer or the other for a while, while listening to the radio.

Thanks for the help.  Here is the addy for pandora

pandora.com

ken52787

• Archived User
Pandora Radio
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 09:14:00 AM »

This should work: http://shoutcast.com/download

Follow both parts, but in reverse order (set up the Shoutcast server, then set up Winamp). Once you get the Winamp plugin installed, click Configure and set it to broadcast from your sound card instead of Winamp. That'll make it send whatever your computer is playing to the Shoutcast server.

Then just connect to the shoutcast server with your Xbox and you're in business.

sincryptic

• Archived User
Pandora Radio
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 06:43:00 PM »

I know this is old, but i cant find a good answer, how, exactly, do you connect a completely unmodded xbox 360 to said shoutcast server?

OKchutup

• Archived User
Pandora Radio
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 09:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(sincryptic @ Feb 18 2009, 03:19 AM) View Post

I know this is old, but i cant find a good answer, how, exactly, do you connect a completely unmodded xbox 360 to said shoutcast server?

Modding has nothing to do with it.  If you connect your 360 to your network and run shoutcast, when you go into your music library on the 360 console you should see shoutcast listed as one of the sources.  I'm not using shoutcast but 2 days ago there was a press release about Jamcast in the news section here.  It does exactly what you want and it took me 5 minutes to setup.  It also lets you play DRM resticted files.  Here's a link to the thread about it.  http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=676559  One issue is that it seems to have issues with Vista but I can tell you it works perfect on XP.