xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mkv To Wmv Hd 5.1 Lossless  (Read 51 times)

Dragontech

• Archived User
Mkv To Wmv Hd 5.1 Lossless
« on: January 25, 2008, 12:50:00 AM »

First of all I would do a clean install of your OS. This is because I have gone through so many codecs that I corrupted my registry. After thats done all you need is 3 things Windows Media Encoder 9, AC3 Filter, and the CCCP codec pack. Google the software, download it. Install the first two. When you get to the CCCP codec pack install it and at the end of th install you'll see some check box filters, uncheck the AC3. The AC3 filter that we installed earlier will take care of that part of the encoding and it does a better job. After everything is installed open WME9. Now select tools at the top and then select options from the pulldown. Click performance tab, uncheck use defaults, move slider for encoding files all the way to the right, click on apply to all new sessions, then click ok. Click on the properties button and you should be on the source tab. Browse and find the file your trying to encode. Next click on the output tab and uncheck pull from encoder then check encode to file. Click browse and decide where you want to put your file and name it. Next click on the compression tab and click on the edit button. Under the general tab in the media types section select CBR Windows Media Audio 10 Professional and CBR Windows Media Video 9 Advanced Profile. Check 25FPS/PAL box. Now click on the ???? Kbps tab. There is a pulldown list for audio and only select the one that the source file was originally encoded in.(Just let you know if the source is analog stereo WME9 will not let you encode to Dolbly Digital 5.1 or higher. Its just best to look at the media properties and match the audio setting exactly.) Video size should be 1280x720, frame rate is 25, video bit rate is 5000Kbps, buffer size check use default, key frame interval is 2 sec, and lastly set video smoothness to 100 and click ok. Now click apply in the properties area. Click on encode. Depending on the hardware you have encoding time will vary. For example I have 2 gigs of ram and Intel 3.0 GHz cpu Core Duo, not the core 2 series, a 40-45 min video takes me about 2 hours to encode. Some of you may be tempted to check the 2 pass encoding, don't it doesn't work and you'll get is a 5kb file for some reason. Sorry to post twice but it gave me an error message in the middle of an edit and then wouldn't let me edit.