xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Windows Media Connect Wont Work  (Read 67 times)

Total_Noob

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect Wont Work
« on: November 27, 2006, 11:49:00 AM »

Have you tried the new Windows Media Player 11?? It has Windows Media Connect built in. I had countless problems with WMC but as soon as i installed WMP11 media streaming worked flawlessly, even through my router without forwarding a single port!

sonicmat

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 11:54:00 AM »

ok, ill give media player 11 a try, anybody else got any suggestions?

sonicmat

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 12:28:00 PM »

media player cant find it either, does the xbox have to be connected to the router for this to work right? because i cant afford the wireless adapter and a wire all the way from my room to the router wouldnt be too good.

Total_Noob

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 02:02:00 PM »

Erm... well when mine wouldnt connect that was because i hadnt enabled sharing. In media player, click the arrow under the Library tab and select "Media Sharing..." from there you can change settings. After that you should have a new process: "wmpnetwk.exe". You should now be able to connect your 360. Note you may have to reboot your 360 a couple of times.

You dont need to worry about buying a wireless adapter, i got it up and running just fine with a crossover cable.

If youve already enabled sharing im not sure what to suggest other than it could be a firewall...

I used to have Norton, i needed to allow the media player network service with that... I now have McAfee and streaming works no problem with it, i didnt even have to allow it.

Good luck

sonicmat

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 03:14:00 PM »

ok cheers mate, ive found the problem now. Its because i havnt got upnp enabled in my windows components because i tried it with my other computer in the same setup which already had upnp enabled

The problem is that to install the upnp i need my windows disk and i cant find it anywhere, would anybody know where i could download these windows components?

ok cheers mate, ive found the problem now. Its because i havnt got upnp enabled in my windows components because i tried it with my other computer in the same setup which already had upnp enabled

The problem is that to install the upnp i need my windows disk and i cant find it anywhere, would anybody know where i could download these windows components?