xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: On-the-fly video transcoding for Xbox 360 and Windows XP  (Read 427 times)

VerbalVenom

• Archived User
On-the-fly video transcoding for Xbox 360 and Windows XP
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »

Works for my Win2k machine but it's not working for MP3s. This should work correct?

Cyberz

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2006, 01:58:00 PM »

duo135 indeed, its the same here..

mutsnuts

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »

cant get this to work at all,
uninstaled media connect and installed this,
turned off the firewall to test and nothing, the xbox doesnt see the pc at all now.
tried to reinstall media connect and that now fails so cant even get my mp3 streaming back sad.gif

nothing wrong with the connection, the 360 is connected directly to my pc and live is working fine.

http://localhost:41952/
works fine so the server is running but the 360 doesnt see it at all

Also run Universal Plug-and-Play Tester and that sees the 360 straight away!!!!

mutsnuts

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2006, 11:17:00 AM »

Sorted it, it your having probs connecting try this.
worked for me

If the computer running the media server has more than one network interface, you need to make sure that the the TCP binding order on your machine is such that the network interface on which it is supposed to communicate with the media player appears first. Here is how to do that:
Goto to the Windows Start menu and slect Setting / Network Connections (alternatively open the Network Connections icon from the Windows control panel). This should open a window titled Network Connections.
In this window go to the main menu and select Advanced / Advanced Settings. This should open a window titled Advanced Settings.
In this window make sure the Adapters and Bindings tab is selected. Inside this tab under Connections change the order of the network interfaces such that the one you need is first and then click OK.
Now restart the media server and check if the problem is solved.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]