xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Www.themodchip.com  (Read 372 times)

Modiller

• Archived User
Www.themodchip.com
« on: July 20, 2005, 04:37:00 PM »

You bought something from www.themodchip.com ?

Please leave your experience, opinion, rating and/or comments here!

santium

• Archived User
Www.themodchip.com
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 12:36:00 PM »

I ordered an Xecuter 2.6CE awhile ago. I got it 2 days later. I just ordered an Xapter for that modchip and an Xecuter 3. Very good prices on all their products. Very helpful staff. For both orders, I've spoken with RoT in the IRC channel on EFnet, #themodchip.com. He helped me out with all the questions I had. He also filled my order quickly. Very reliable man. Excelent prices and services. I recommend!

GamerKid8987

• Archived User
Www.themodchip.com
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 09:15:00 PM »

i ordered an x2.6 and i got it 2 days later very cheap and they deliver quick i highly recomend them.

DonkeyChips

• Archived User
Www.themodchip.com
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2005, 12:44:00 PM »

These are the same assholes from www.chipdealer.com don't deal with them unless you want damaged products that arrive 6+ weeks after you order.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller8756.html

santium

• Archived User
Www.themodchip.com
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 05:43:00 PM »

I just ordered another set of items. Here's the email saying it was shipped.

Date: Mon,  1 Aug 2005 16:07:55 -0700
To: <barron.james@*****.com>
Cc:
Subject: TMC

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Your order #***** has shipped via USPS priority 2day air.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Note: This signature can be verified at https://www.hushtools.com/verify
Version: Hush 2.4

wkYEARECAAYFAkLuq0sACgkQqXpwsFC925qjAwCgoz3hJFLLrmXQGho2h2KaEOPC8IAA
nR1mxC0ooLOHCFdJLkMmwXHJdIWX
=TTru
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

I modified it a bit to protect myself from spam. This is the same message I received
last time. And I received it in the time it said. Very reliable service.

Cloud61

• Archived User
Www.themodchip.com
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 06:05:00 PM »

I ordered the Xecuter 2.6 CE w/ Programmer and free shipping for $29.00 (cheapest i've seen so far) at around 3:10 p.m., At 3:11 i got this in email: Your order has been processed successfully. At 3:14:Your order has been completed successfully. Shipped USPS priority 08/08/05. I'll let you know when i get it.

Jonesie

• Archived User
Www.themodchip.com
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 03:24:00 PM »

Does anyone have a phone number for these guys? I ordered an Xecuter3 and a couple of xapt3rs (one for mine, and one for a buddy) last Monday, August 1, and I have not gotten so much as an email from them.

I tried to email them to ask about my order, last Wed, Aug 3, no reply yet. I tried to file a help call on their online help desk thing this past Monday, August 8, no reply.

I'm starting to worry. My credit card was charged the day I placed the order, but I have gotten nothing, not even a reply from them.

I have search the website, and the email I got from their help desk program, and no phone number... Seems a bit shady to me.

Worried...

Thanks ~ David

duffer99

• Archived User
Www.themodchip.com
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2005, 09:50:00 AM »

sad.gif  sad.gif

KeDeUs

• Archived User
Www.themodchip.com
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 12:58:00 AM »

Damn I ordered an X3 and the X3 CP from this guys on 8-22-05. received an email saying the item was shipped on 8-23. Paid for 1-2 day delvery and the item hasnt arrived.
One thing this guys used USPS Priority WTF? there is no way in hell to track this shipment.

Now im a bit worried. Ill c what happens, If the items are not here by Monday 8-29 I'm calling my CC company.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Www.themodchip.com
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 10:04:00 PM »

Given the History of the owner of THEMODCHIP.COM..

First.. he appreared as Hacker Hardware.. one of the first Xs sponsors.. but.. he burned ALOT of people.. alot of members got scammed.. delayed.. you name it.. it happened.

Then.. Chipdealer.. New name.. new site right? Samo samo.

Now The Modchip.com? Please. Same ROTten owner.. Same ROTten service.

Back when Hackers Hardware was an XS sponsor, we had no idea how crooked ROT was. Some of us.. had to get burned ourselves personally before we knew the truth. So, XS can be forgiven for the debacle that was Hackers Hardware and our sponsorship association with Rot.

We are alot more selective with choosing advertisers now.. and we are quicker to remove bad apples. He might claim he can't or won't afford Xs ad rates, (which are a premium.. given we are who we are.. but that really isn't an issue as he'd fail Xantium's Sponsorship Selection Policy.

We're also quicker to point out scum bag shops and cloners then we used to be.

So.. Caveat Emptor (let the Buyer Beware) as far as themodchip.com is concerned..  

This is solely my opinion.. based on Experiences we've seen time and Again with everything ROT has done in the scene, and my own experiences, having been screwed by him with Hacker Hardware, and with Chipdealer.  

How can Themodchip be any different? I think 2 times is enough chances to rip people off. If your opinion differs.. feel free to roll the dice. I'm sure.. like his past businesses.. that it'll probably be okay for a little while.. then we'll see the delays,  then the outright lies and scams and excuses.

Take that to the bank. Unlike others.. I won't suck up to him. Free shit, does not make me like him or his site. PEople have read enough of my review to know that I'll call a spade a spade.

HSDEMONZ,
Admin, Xbox-Scene

monkeyflungpoo

• Archived User
Www.themodchip.com
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2005, 12:26:00 AM »

Well I have ordered from themodchip.com a couple of times and I have gotten great results ordered a couple of stuff on friday got them monday. I will def use again

SamualAdams

• Archived User
Www.themodchip.com
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2005, 12:56:00 PM »

THANKS TMC!!!

I recieved my order very quickly, i ordered on Thursday last week and got my product on Saturday.  I ordered an X3 and X2.6 for a friend, installed them, they are working great.

those of you having problems with themodchip.com:
did you try using live help on their site?
or did you try to use their IRC channel #themodchip.com
they may not be around 24/7 (but what shop has someone around 24/7)
but there is almost always someone in the channel that can point you in the right direction to answer any questions you have about order status, how to install chips, etc.

I've placed many orders through chipdealer.com (before some asshole took over their channel and before one of their employees tried to keep one of my orders and never sent it to me when he quit working for them)  other then that I've never had a problem with RoT or his employees.

My guess is the reason you see bad reviews is the happy people are happy and don't care to leave a review, the people who have to wait for an order thats on back order panic and go nuts leaving posts about how they got scammed after waiting 3 days for something that takes 2-3 days to ship anyway.

the site specifically says "Orders often ship on the same business days if ordered before 9 A.M, but can take up to 3 business days to ship . Orders out of stock can take up to 5 days to ship and preorders will ship when we receive the items. This estimated time is pretty accurate, please do not inquire about order status unless it has past this processing timeline."

if you read the fine print you'll notice, not all orders will ship the same day you order, your order might not ship for 3 days, THEN it'll take an additional 2-3 days depending on the shipping you paid for

so anyway TMC ROCKS![SIZE=14]

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Www.themodchip.com
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2005, 05:49:00 PM »

SamualAdams = RobRandler

Multiple accounts. I told you guys, that if you are going to to fuck around with multiple accounts to blow sunshine up your own asses you'd regret it.

Mistake number one.. multiple account.. mistake number two, no order number.. (which is laughable, since you guys are prefectly able to fake it.. mistake number three, posting it after my post.. to cover your asses.

NO MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS BULLSHIT. DON'T WASTE MY TIME AND YOUR CLAIMING IT's A CO WORKER, FAMILY MEMBER OR A FRIEND.

YOU RUN A BUSINESS, AT LEAST TRY AND RUN AN ETHICAL AND HONEST ONE

Next time ROB, ROT.. and any other member gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar, you'll need another biz name to do biz on XS.

XS will not tolerate another Hackers Hardware.

BOTH ACCOUNTS CLOSED. DO NOT FUCK WITH XS.

elborak

• Archived User
Www.themodchip.com
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2005, 10:16:00 PM »

I have an order pending with them which I'm told shipped early this week, so (unless delayed by east coast weather) I should have by Monday.

The guys can indeed be hard to get ahold of anywhere but the IRC channel, but they are often there and willing to chat.

I'll post my experience when the order arrives, whether positive or negative.  I fully expect things to be fine, but the proof is in the pudding.

And no, I'm not (despite my lack of post count) a shill for them.  I just picked up my XBox two weeks ago and hence just joined here.  Trust me, I'll be as quick to blast them if things aren't handled well as I will be to praise them if I get good service.

• Archived User
Www.themodchip.com
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 08:50:00 PM »

I ordered a special they have with x2.6 and programmer for 29.00. I got my order in a decent amount of time, four or five business days, but the programmer they have in the picture is the white, 2.6 programmer, I got the old green one with the adapters. It will work on the 2.6, but I specifically ordered this combo for the newest version. I submitted a ticket and it has been over 2 weeks and they have not responded, when I view the ticket, it is in "not viewed" status. Not very good support, at least I got a good deal on the chip and the programmer I didnt want. :angry:
Pages: [1] 2 3