xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Video Marketplace Now Live  (Read 220 times)

bucko

• Recovered User
Video Marketplace Now Live
« on: November 22, 2006, 09:51:00 AM »

Think id rather buy my movie entertainment on a pressed HD-DVD and just watch TV through Freeview. Good idea though and will be interesting to see how they pan it out worldwide. They need to get UK done quickly, maybe even Canada first.

Edit, I just thought, for TV shows in the UK how are they going to get round the TV License issue. It would be very hard for BBC to catch them if people download BBC TV Shows through Market Place and the 360 owner don't have a TV license. I guess this is why it isn't launched worldwide.

NumpXP

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 09:57:00 AM »

I woke up and check the  marketplace at 6am but there isnt anything new there. So I sleep back and just woke up. But now my roommate is playing ff12 with his ps2. I have to wait I guess.

erm.. is there any new trailer on the marketplace?

evilkeo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 10:17:00 AM »

maxconsole says that the batman movie is 5.4 gb. that's alot of space compared to the 20 gb hard drive.

redwolf

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 10:17:00 AM »

can we view the download speed? i feel cheated, cos i don't think marketplace downloading i get my full speed.

anyways, we need bigger HDD  sleep.gif

Paperstack.1

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(evilkeo @ Nov 22 2006, 12:24 PM) View Post

maxconsole says that the batman movie is 5.4 gb. that's alot of space compared to the 20 gb hard drive.

The only Batman movie I see is Batman Forever and it's only available in 480p Widescreen @ 1.3 GB

QUOTE(redwolf @ Nov 22 2006, 12:24 PM) View Post

can we view the download speed? i feel cheated, cos i don't think marketplace downloading i get my full speed.

anyways, we need bigger HDD  sleep.gif

Shit, I been up since 7 this morning, queued 6 TV Shows with 2 more to get and 2 movies and it's just about 1/2 through with the 3rd download of 10 downloads. Maybe it's a LOT of people downloading because I too never seen this move so slow!

The quality with these TV Shows are really good, much better than my encoded videos which look blocky. Haven't seen how the movies look. I wonder what encoder and configuration they use to encode these?

postaldude25

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 10:34:00 AM »

yes this is great i live in Sweden and have 3 xbox live acaunmts one for each continent. logged on to my american acaunt and downloaded some borat trailers.
having problems adding my credit card and getting it to work with live since it does not accept my swedish adress and so on. so the only way is to boy prepaid points card and the buy the stuff i want to see,
funny thing is that i download all my tv shows from the internet since we are sometimes seasons back in some shows, and now when i want to pay for a show i cant.....

this is going to be awalible here in sweden some day but i think that ms and the networks for each show  will look into how far every country is in each season so they dont realease season 7 for download when the country is showing season 5 right now...

so until then it looks like ms points is the only way to download movies and TV shows.

must say that this is great movies on a console!!! to bad that it will probebly take 6 months before other countrys get to download movies and shows from xbox live sad.gif

rasstar

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(evilkeo @ Nov 22 2006, 06:24 PM) View Post

That's why you delete it when you are finished. It's really simple.

crasher0255

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 10:47:00 AM »

I think its a pretty good idea...i was browsing through it looks pretty good if you ask me. Definatly a bummer for worldwide users though, I'm sure you guys will get it also though once they setup deals with local networks, would LOVE to see a bigger HDD though after the introduction of video marketplace, i gotta go through and delete SOOO much stuff I've had like 100MB free for a long time now, i guess its a good time to clean that up. Would love to see family guy and the simpsons on there at some point also

QUOTE(rasstar @ Nov 22 2006, 06:47 PM) View Post

That's why you delete it when you are finished. It's really simple.

Don't even have to delete it when your finished, it deletes itself after 24 hours, its only a 24 hour rental...as with any of the movies

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 10:48:00 AM »

Movies that you RENT from the marketplace can only be viewed once. So there is no reason to use up what is left of your hard drive.

echto

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »

MS should get the Star Trek episodes correct.  City on the Edge of Forever is incorrectly labeled.

beerchug.gif

crasher0255

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Nov 22 2006, 06:55 PM) View Post

Movies that you RENT from the marketplace can only be viewed once. So there is no reason to use up what is left of your hard drive.

Nope they can be viewed as many times as you want....but they get deleted after 24 hours

rasstar

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(viperware @ Nov 22 2006, 07:10 PM) View Post

I already paid to watch these programs through my cable service. Through fair use, shouldn't I be able to download these same programs for free? Do people really pay for this stuff? You can just as easily, and probably faster, get the same programs onto your PC and stream them to your xbox360. I do far better things with a hacked original xbox. Why trickle features like this. The technology has been there for years. M$ is just nickel and diming their consumers. Although the service is comparable to similar services available from other sources, it's not only M$. I prefer to excercise my fair use.
-viperware-

If you have nothing contructive to add why post? For some people who do not have access to HD content this will be cool for them. If it's not for you then so be it but other people will like it.

viperware

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »

Ok, this is constructive. Save your money and download your fair use content for free. For stuff you don't have fair use rights for, by all means pay to download it. Don't let M$ trick you into paying for things twice. That's all I'm saying. Or pay for things twice, fine with me as well, just trying to be constructive here. If someone reads this post and realizes they can save a few bucks legally, then my construction is complete.

p.s. if you are posting on forums, you have access to HD content.

jeff10

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 11:38:00 AM »

great idea, great concept.  I just downloaded a couple of southpark episodes i missed. I will definatley rent movies in HD, I always have late fees, I have 3 kids this is easier than loading everyone up, going to town to the movie store. If they would get movies on here the same day  they release on dvd that would seal the deal for lots of people. Especially if they could get HD versions of the same.  but if you want a season of TV shows, and pay for very many not a grat idea as of yet, due to the lack of HDD space. If only microsoft would update the console to stream your purchased downloaded TV shows to your media center PC, then that would be the Deal sealer for the TV shows.

Hope microsoft sees some of this and listens, because i am sure there are 100s of 1000's out there that feel the same.

BUT OVERALL VERY VERY NICE.

Nubbs

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 11:41:00 AM »

Honestly this is a really great idea. I would like to see some more movie selections since the ones they are offering currently i have either seen or hav no intrest in. The quality of the video is excellent i must say the only thing i have an issue with is the preview for movies is so damn small.
Pages: [1] 2