xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Read This: Add Webshop / Write Reviews - Updated!  (Read 133 times)

brahm2

• Archived User
Read This: Add Webshop / Write Reviews - Updated!
« on: September 09, 2004, 05:23:00 PM »

ADD A WEBSHOP (NEW METHOD!)
Post a new topic in this forum, with COMPLETE same design/layout as this:
CODE

You bought something from {URL website} ?

Please leave your experience, opinion, rating and/or comments here!

'Topic Title' MUST be full url of the shop. (example: 'http://www.xbox-scene.com')
'Topic Description' MUST be empty.

example here.

Your post will NOT appear directly ... it will be reviewed by a moderator first.

ADD AN OPINION
If you bought from one of the stores listed here, feel free to post your experience with them.

Additionally, check http://www.resellerratings.com and see if the shop you want to add has a rating there.. if it does.. add it to your first post. (or alert a mod.. and we'll do it)

If you have NOT purchased anything from these stores.. your posts will not be approved in the thread. Pre-Sale questions ("Does X store have fast shipping times?" etc) will not be approved, nor will Post-Sale, pre-received posts ("I've just ordered from X store, I will tell you how it goes when the package arrives!" etc). Wait until your product arrives to leave feedback (unless, of course, it never arrives).

Please wait a reasonable amount of time before claiming someone "ripped you off".. and please also make an effort to communicate with shops you are having trouble with. Reliable shops will make a good effort to help you solve your problem.

If you got an order number with your purchase, please include it in your post.

Inappropriate posts, posts in ALL CAPS, posts with excessive bold tags, huge fonts, emoticons, "eye-sores", posts with excessive cursing and swearing may not be approved at a moderator's discretion. Please leave clean, easy-to-read reviews. Try and actually write about what was good and bad about the shop.

POST APPROVAL FAQ
Q: Why didn't my topic for a new webstore show up?
A1: There was already a topic created for the shop. Rather than create a new thread, search for the old thread and post in it.
A2: Your thread did not follow the format outlined above. It should look EXACTLY the same.
A3: A moderator has simply not approved it yet, and it is waiting in the post queue.

Q: I've left feedback. Why doesn't my post appear?
A: All posts in this section must be approved my a moderator first, to avoid spam. This can take several says, since mods don't watch the post queue 24/7. Please be patient and give us a few days to get to it.

Q: But it was a long time ago, and I still don't see my post!
A1: It was probably deleted. Please ensure that it follows the criteria above. Feel free to repost a coherent and clean review if you think your post may have been deleted, but do not try and repost a rant filled with huge text and emoticons.

The old thread like this is saved here.