xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: TVersity Media Streamer Announces Support for the Xbox 360  (Read 264 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
TVersity Media Streamer Announces Support for the Xbox 360
« on: August 02, 2006, 07:13:00 AM »

Posted by XanTium | August 2 08:37 EST

TVersity is a media streamer that now includes support for the Xbox 360 so you can access any type of music (using on-the-fly conversion for non-supported formats), pictures and music-feeds on your Xbox 360.
From the press release:

TVersity Inc., the pioneer in delivering Internet and home media to televisions and mobile devices, today announced support for the Xbox 360.

"We are very excited to allow owners of the Xbox 360 to overcome some of the inherent limitations of this device", said Ronen Mizrahi, President of TVersity Inc., "With TVersity they can, for the first time, access audio files in formats not natively supported by the Xbox 360 (like Vorbis and FLAC), play Internet radio stations of their choice, and access podcasts and photo feeds (from photo sharing sites like Flickr) -- All this without requiring a Media Center PC!"

TVersity's media server is universal in the range of devices it can serve and in the types of media it can handle. By doing all the necessary conversions of media formats and streaming protocols on the fly, TVersity overcomes the inherent limitations of target devices thus allowing playback of any media on any device.

The Xbox 360 is the most recent addition to the long list of connected devices already supported by TVersity, which includes networked TVs, DVDs, STBs, media receivers, PDAs, mobiles phones, and other mobile devices (like the Nokia 770 Internet tablet and the Sony PSP). With TVersity the menus on the Xbox 360 are extended to include Internet content, making it possible to access radio stations, Podcasts and Photo feeds.

Official Site: http://www.tversity.com
Download: here[tversity]

dirkoneill

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 07:14:00 AM »

From their FAQ
The current version is designed such that almost anything you can play on Windows Media Player, whether it resides locally on your computer or located on the Internet, should also play on any of the supported devices, despite the fact that these devices do not natively support many of these media formats. You can also play Quicktime video and Real Media videos (including rmvb), however for the time being you cannot stream Quicktime or Real from the Internet. To give a more precise definition, any media format that has a Directshow decoder will work with TVersity as long as you have the directshow decoder installed, this includes:
   *  WMA, WMV, MJPEG, DVR-MS, AVI (including Divx3/4/5/6, Xvid, and others)
    * MPEG1/2/4, MP3 and AAC
    * Qucktime MOV
    * Real Video/Audio/RMVB
    * OGG Vorbis and OGM
    * FLAC, WMA lossless, Monkey Audio (APE), Musepack Audio (MPC) and Wavpack
    * Flash Video
    * Matroska (MKA and MKV)
    * Karaoke CDG/BIN (Directshow filters here, the ones from DirectX Karaoke and Troubadour Karaoke are not compatible with TVersity)
    * And many more...

It doesn't list h.264 but it does say anything with a directshow decoder will work. I won't be able to try this until later. Can anyone confirm h.264 with ac-3 in an avi container?

This post has been edited by dirkoneill: Aug 2 2006, 02:14 PM

phoenixdigital

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 06:49:00 AM »

From http://www.tversity.com/whatsnew.html

TVersity can now serve audio and photos to the Xbox 360. Video is not supported since the Xbox 360 does not accept video via UPnP.

Bummer I was waiting for something that could play xvids on an xbox 360 without the need of a media center PC.

Looks like I will have to keep waiting. sad.gif

dirkoneill

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 07:29:00 AM »

ahhhhh. man I was hoping for that.

I wish transcode360 would work with vista.

Hopefully this will work with XBMC then. My problem is that the original xbox's processor is just too slow to handle high quality h.264 files. They always skip when there is a lot of action on the screen. Maybe now i'll be able to stream the movies to XBMC since this is a UPnP server(I didn't have much luck with VLC and others).

This post has been edited by dirkoneill: Aug 2 2006, 02:34 PM

I Am Aurora

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 07:29:00 AM »

it cant do videos!?!! thats gay.  sad.gif

GeToChKn

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 07:43:00 AM »

Ya, figured it was too good to be true reading that after first waking up.  lol.  Its media center or nothing.  Didn't think the devil would let it be that easy to interface with their product.

thelipstickdevice

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 09:22:00 AM »

why does it say it will play quicktime, real media, and mpegs then..that doesn't make sense am i missing something

TheIceman72

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 09:32:00 AM »

If this does not play video it is totally retarded. I mean we can play music and photos now. So WTF? I can't even figure out how to access it at all? Anyone get this to work?

Tazmanian_Devil

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 09:41:00 AM »

I would love it if this util could play PLS files aswell, there are loads more internet radio sites out there that use this format.

XML feeds are a tad hard to find.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 09:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(thelipstickdevice @ Aug 2 2006, 10:53 AM) View Post

why does it say it will play quicktime, real media, and mpegs then..that doesn't make sense am i missing something

because its not an xbox360 program, its a program that supports xbox360. it plays quicktime rm etc. on the other machines it supports (psp's/media recievers etc.).

CoolJimKid

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 11:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(TheIceman72 @ Aug 2 2006, 10:03 AM)

If this does not play video it is totally retarded. I mean we can play music and photos now. So WTF? I can't even figure out how to access it at all? Anyone get this to work?

Like Reaper527 said, its not an Xbox 360 program...if you want video off ur 360, upgrade to Media Center Edition

This post has been edited by CoolJimKid: Aug 2 2006, 06:52 PM

thelipstickdevice

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(CoolJimKid @ Aug 2 2006, 11:21 AM) View Post

Like Reaper527 said, its not an Xbox 360 program...if you want video off ur 360, upgrade to Media Center Edition

sounds like a plan

xoutlawz00x

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 05:05:00 PM »

how do u upgrade ur media center on ur 360

miggidy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 05:20:00 PM »

This would be dope if it weren't for the fact that M$ won't allow for the software to play videos on our X360's....

I love the Xbox line of products but M$ forcing us to updgrade our OS for X360 video playback is some diabolical $hit grr.gif

DaddyO21

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2006, 05:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(xoutlawz00x @ Aug 2 2006, 11:36 PM) View Post

how do u upgrade ur media center on ur 360

you dont , if you use Media Center 2005 you get a streamed UI of the normal version , if you are using Vista Beta 2 you get another UI.
Pages: [1] 2